Groups

PS3 160GB out this coming Friday

Banned
    Sony are launching their 160gb PS3 this coming Friday in the UK. It comes with free download vouchers for the PSN Store.

18 Comments

Info please?

Spurs 4 Europe

I still want my HDD bigger than 160Gb - my 60GB is full already - mostly with just bit's 'n bobs

having got playtv a few weeks back it's time to invest methinks

I wish they would launch a ps3 version with some decent games rather than a bigger hard drive each time. cant believe left 4 dead has been canned for ps3 now. it really is cack. now my xbox 360 plays x264 hd movies there really is no need for my ps3 for high def films either, time to sell it me thinks..

Original Poster Banned

Its a shame as the PS3 hardware is amazing but software support is poor. I am sure it will change in the next year. Until then my 360 is my main machine, especially online.

ryanreece777;3295726

I wish they would launch a ps3 version with some decent games rather than … I wish they would launch a ps3 version with some decent games rather than a bigger hard drive each time. cant believe left 4 dead has been canned for ps3 now. it really is cack. now my xbox 360 plays x264 hd movies there really is no need for my ps3 for high def films either, time to sell it me thinks..

With LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Gran Turismo 5, Tekken 6, God Of War 3 as well as Home all still coming out?

Original Poster Banned

robtallica;3295681

I still want my HDD bigger than 160Gb - my 60GB is full already - mostly … I still want my HDD bigger than 160Gb - my 60GB is full already - mostly with just bit's 'n bobshaving got playtv a few weeks back it's time to invest methinks

Just buy a larger HD and transfer all your stuff from your old one to the new one.

Spurs_Nutter;3295811

Just buy a larger HD and transfer all your stuff from your old one to the … Just buy a larger HD and transfer all your stuff from your old one to the new one.

yeah I know already lol - I'm gonna try and get the largest HDD I can get to work in it

Given how easy it is to change the hard drive whatever they supply it with is pretty much irrelevent and in fact it may be more cost effective to buy an 80GB model and whack in a 320GB drive to get double the capacity given these drives are reasonably cheap.

John

Arsenal Fan;3295805

With LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Gran Turismo 5, Tekken 6, … With LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Gran Turismo 5, Tekken 6, God Of War 3 as well as Home all still coming out?

Lol out of those games only one isnt a sequel.

People today are suckered into believing that better graphics and longer to complete means better.

Btw Tekken 6 is coming out on the 360

ryanreece777;3295726

I wish they would launch a ps3 version with some decent games rather than … I wish they would launch a ps3 version with some decent games rather than a bigger hard drive each time. cant believe left 4 dead has been canned for ps3 now. it really is cack. now my xbox 360 plays x264 hd movies there really is no need for my ps3 for high def films either, time to sell it me thinks..

360 supports x264? In what container?

Of all of those games listed above im only slighlty interested in 1 and thats killzone 2,

Little big planet - looks like something my 3 yr nephew would play, no way id pay for this game if it was a FREE download id consider installing it for the kids.
    Resistance 2 - Meh.
    Gran Turismo 5 - I have found every gran turismo to look great but play like a sack of spuds, no doubt it will be a very good looking game but fall short in gameplay department, like how paris hilton is good lokking but u know shes dumb as plank.
    Tekken 6 - out on 360 aswell and unfortuanatly will play better on 360 as they aswalys seem to run better on the 360 counterpart.
    god of war - umm no ill give this 1 a miss aswell...

@Jelly
    The 360 supports x264 with aac audio, so for example if you had an mkv bluray rip you would run it through gotsent (use google) and it places it inan mp4 container for you and voila hd movies on 360...

anyways my ps3 is going on ebay, the ps2 was awesome in its day but the ps3 sucks big time. thankfully soem of best games ever have been on the 360 so it aint all bad

Lol, ok then, all Mario games suck and are for 3 year old kids and the 360 has a much greater list of top games still coming out :w00t:

I had a PS3 160GB pre-ordered on HMV but today the item has gone to a deleted state and it says that they are try to source a supplier.

What gives.....:thinking:

The GAME Group stores (including GamePlay, and GameStation), and John Lewis are all listing 160Gb PS3 consoles (with “FIFA 09”, “Fallout 3”, or on their own). HMV changed their listing of this item to “unavailable” / “Availability: sorry this title is deleted” on Wednesday. Zavvi, Amazon, and Play.com are not listing them at all (at present).

Interestingly, John Lewis are offering the console included with “a voucher booklet with 4 free exciting games to download from the PSN store - GT5: Prologue, Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty, Warhawk and Last Guy” (as well as a bundle with PlayTV), but everybody else is listing “Super Stardust HD” instead of “Warhawk”.

GameStation also bundles a Blu-ray movie of “Transformers” for seemingly no additional cost.

BFN,

fp.

Banned

ryanreece777;3298659

Of all of those games listed above im only slighlty interested in 1 and … Of all of those games listed above im only slighlty interested in 1 and thats killzone 2,Little big planet - looks like something my 3 yr nephew would play, no way id pay for this game if it was a FREE download id consider installing it for the kids.Resistance 2 - Meh.Gran Turismo 5 - I have found every gran turismo to look great but play like a sack of spuds, no doubt it will be a very good looking game but fall short in gameplay department, like how paris hilton is good lokking but u know shes dumb as plank.Tekken 6 - out on 360 aswell and unfortuanatly will play better on 360 as they aswalys seem to run better on the 360 counterpart.god of war - umm no ill give this 1 a miss [email protected] 360 supports x264 with aac audio, so for example if you had an mkv bluray rip you would run it through gotsent (use google) and it places it inan mp4 container for you and voila hd movies on 360...anyways my ps3 is going on ebay, the ps2 was awesome in its day but the ps3 sucks big time. thankfully soem of best games ever have been on the 360 so it aint all bad

Oh dear :whistling:

This aint no 360 fanboy site mate!

fanpages;3333744

The GAME Group stores (including GamePlay, and GameStation), and John … The GAME Group stores (including GamePlay, and GameStation), and John Lewis are all listing 160Gb PS3 consoles (with “FIFA 09”, “Fallout 3”, or on their own). HMV changed their listing of this item to “unavailable” / “Availability: sorry this title is deleted” on Wednesday. Zavvi, Amazon, and Play.com are not listing them at all (at present).Interestingly, John Lewis are offering the console included with “a voucher booklet with 4 free exciting games to download from the PSN store - GT5: Prologue, Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty, Warhawk and Last Guy” (as well as a bundle with PlayTV), but everybody else is listing “Super Stardust HD” instead of “Warhawk”.GameStation also bundles a Blu-ray movie of “Transformers” for seemingly no additional cost.BFN,fp.

Discussion here also:
    "]What happened to the 160GB PS3?"

FYI:

There seems to be stock of 160Gb PS3 consoles at Comet.co.uk (but online or collect in-store) but you are restricted to their package deal on offer:

]Playstation 3 160gb console + play tv + hdmi cable
    ---
    Product code 990088
    Separate selling price £419.97
    Package savings £20.00
    £399.97

Delivery options - ]free delivery available
    Collect from store available

Free basic delivery 5 - 8 days
    Standard delivery 2 - 5 days

In this package:

]Sony playstation 3 160gb £339.99
    ]Ps3 playtv £59.99
    ]Gioteck ps3 hdmi cable £19.99

Peace of mind when you buy a Comet cover plan

Upgrade to 3 Years Cover for £49.99
    ---

BFN,

fp.

Also, apparently stocks of "1-3" at the Solihull (high street) branch of ]CEx.co.uk...

---
    Origin: UK
    New or second hand? Second-hand product
    Warranty: 12 months warranty on all items (excludes consumables)
    CeX stores sell: £350.00
    CeX stores buy for cash: £210.00
    CeX Stores give exchange value: £280.00
    In stock online: 0

Available here

CeX Stores that have this item in stock:

Store Stock
    Solihull 1-3
    ---

BFN,

fp.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927369
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1871347
      3. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2445
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047133

See more discussions