Expired

PS3 £199 from Wednesday @ Sainsburys

37 replies
Found 16th Nov 2009Made hot 17th Nov 2009
following on from last weeks 20% off consoles offer posted by myself (http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/523470/20-off-all-computer-consoles-sainsb).

Sainsburys looks like they will be leading the way on cutting the cost of the PS3 for all as they will be continuing to sell the PS3 for £199.

Kinda same deal as Costco posted earlier - but i guess a wider audience!

37 Comments

How is this any different to the current promo ? It's already £199 in Sainsburys via the 20% off.

Are you suggesting that they are going to reduce the selling price regardless of the promo ?

Sorry, but don't see the difference yet. Maybe the 20% is just being extended....

Original Poster

pav;6911742

How is this any different to the current promo ? It's already £199 in … How is this any different to the current promo ? It's already £199 in Sainsburys via the 20% off.Are you suggesting that they are going to reduce the selling price regardless of the promo ?Sorry, but don't see the difference yet. Maybe the 20% is just being extended....

it is same price as current promo.

Promo is ending tomorrow on other consoles. Price stays the same on PS3!!! :-D:-D

Original Poster

can someone also tell me (or do it and tell me) how to hyperlink text on here PLEAZZZEEE!!!

The insert link icon is the 6th one from the left in the quick reply box.

Hot deal also if you got the inside word from sainsburys!

Original Poster

mywife;6911832

The insert link icon is the 6th one from the left in the quick reply … The insert link icon is the 6th one from the left in the quick reply box.Hot deal also if you got the inside word from sainsburys!

why thanks for that - i am referring to when typing up a new deal - or is this not possible???

As far as I know and have read previously, you cant put active links in the first post/the deal.

Any post after is fine.

Original Poster

mywife;6911876

As far as I know and have read previously, you cant put active links in … As far as I know and have read previously, you cant put active links in the first post/the deal.Any post after is fine.

thanks... will stop pulling my hair out now ... rep given :santa:

good price might take a look at it, if any left spose it's the 120gb version:thumbsup:

I called my local Sainsburys tonight to ask about PS3 stock... he said tomorrow is the last day of the 20% offer. If it's going to continue after that date... does that mean all the other stockists will cut their prices too? And start doing bundles? Forgive me, but it's a hell of a jump... I just had an email from one dealer offering an Assassins Creed II bundle for £284 or so - obsolete almost immediately if the official PS3 price is going to drop by so much so soon.

Is the 120g version the louder one apparently ... / first batch 120 gb reported nois problems ...

So are they going to reduce the price of Xbox 360 too?

That would be a double whammy!

From what i know, they didnt sell very many at all. Must be the reason why they extending the deal on them. Cheaper, but not a bargain imo. If they did their old bundle (with 2 games) + 20% im sure they would have gone like hotcakes!

stevemac1;6912039

So are they going to reduce the price of Xbox 360 too?That would be a … So are they going to reduce the price of Xbox 360 too?That would be a double whammy!

I doubt it, as the current promo was only 20% off ps3, ds and wii and not xbox.
So no double whammy for you...

Boom123;6912078

I doubt it, as the current promo was only 20% off ps3, ds and wii and not … I doubt it, as the current promo was only 20% off ps3, ds and wii and not xbox.So no double whammy for you...

Maybe they could spread the love??

Babyface;6912074

From what i know, they didnt sell very many at all. Must be the reason … From what i know, they didnt sell very many at all. Must be the reason why they extending the deal on them. Cheaper, but not a bargain imo. If they did their old bundle (with 2 games) + 20% im sure they would have gone like hotcakes!

That was my hope when I saw the 20% off deal, nearly wet myself in anticipation and had my wallet ready....... sadly, my pants stayed dry

can the PlayStation 3 do anything useful beside play games?

Like can you connect it to an LCD TV and surf the net? or watch YouTube, etc?

It seems to be way more powerful then most home PC's - what can it do well beside just games?

Yes it can do all of that plus bluray, avchd and iplayer.

deeinlondon;6912116

can the PlayStation 3 do anything useful beside play games?Like can you … can the PlayStation 3 do anything useful beside play games?Like can you connect it to an LCD TV and surf the net? or watch YouTube, etc?It seems to be way more powerful then most home PC's - what can it do well beside just games?

Yes it can surf the internet, and can do one even better than Youtube with Vidzone
Free online, free Wifi, PS3 iplayer, the list is big

Has anyone tried getting PCworld to price match it and give you an extra 10% off?

This bullseeet is out of Stock- Voted Heavily Cold from MEEEE for Wasting my time- GRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Out of stock in my 2 local stores, and online.

Not surprising really as it's being sold for below trade price. I know this as I work for Sony and we can get them for £220, and that's at a discount from the single-item trade price (I'd imagine Sainsbury's get them a lot cheaper though as they buy in bulk).

If you get one it's a great deal - I have a 360 and spent so much on 'extras' that the PS3 has built-in (eg £60 wireless adaptor, £30 XBox live sub per year etc).

mod

Moved to Misc and will happily move back to deals when this is confirmed as I can't find anything anywhere that says this is definitely going to happen

DarkKnight;6912156

Yes it can surf the internet, and can do one even better than Youtube … Yes it can surf the internet, and can do one even better than Youtube with VidzoneFree online, free Wifi, PS3 iplayer, the list is big

Well admittedly even the wii has wifi, a browser and iplayer . The 360 doesn't because Microsoft prefer to keep a stranglehold on their system and exploit their own customers as much as possible.

monsteria;6912160

Has anyone tried getting PCworld to price match it and give you an extra … Has anyone tried getting PCworld to price match it and give you an extra 10% off?

Yes, I just bought one price matched to sainsburys, however it's 10% of the difference so an extra £5 and they need to check that a sainsburys store within 30 miles has one in stock, so £195 after price matching.

can someone confirm this as tried local store and out of stock last night

Babyface;6912074

From what i know, they didnt sell very many at all. Must be the reason … From what i know, they didnt sell very many at all. Must be the reason why they extending the deal on them. Cheaper, but not a bargain imo. If they did their old bundle (with 2 games) + 20% im sure they would have gone like hotcakes!

Well unfortunately you don't know much then! Try finding stock of a £199 PS3 at any sainsburys. I rang a local one and they had 4 delivered. 30mins later they were gone. Nowhere has stock around here.

Whats better to get? 360? or PS3?

Is the ps3 wirless internet enabled? The 360 needs an adaptor right?
Can either join a network and pick up all my media?

You have to pay to play on line with a 360 do you not? Is this the same case with a PS3?

Can either play High Def DVDs? Or high def movie files off the hard drive?

Sorry bout all the questions, maybe not the best place to ask but im sure most of you know the answers.

Cheers

For the attention of ynot

"Whats better to get? 360? or PS3?"

Since I went and bought the £199.99 PS3 from Sainsburys last week, I'll have to say PS3.

"Is the ps3 wirless internet enabled? The 360 needs an adaptor right?
Can either join a network and pick up all my media?"

The PS3 is wireless enabled i.e.WIFI, allowing the user to browse the net, play online games (currently playing Call of duty: Modern warfare 2 online) and everything else one would do online etc etc.

"You have to pay to play on line with a 360 do you not? Is this the same case with a PS3?"

I can't vouch for the 360, but you don't need to fork out a penny to play online on the PS3.

"Can either play High Def DVDs? Or high def movie files off the hard drive?"

The PS3 has a blu-ray dvd player built in. It has a hdmi socket, hence it theoretically offers HD quality pictures. However, one would need to purchase a hdmi cable, as the cable does not come as standard in the box, just your usual audio-video cable.

Again I can't vouch for the 360 as I don't have one.:thumbsup:

ynot;6915910

Whats better to get? 360? or PS3?Is the ps3 wirless internet enabled? The … Whats better to get? 360? or PS3?Is the ps3 wirless internet enabled? The 360 needs an adaptor right?Can either join a network and pick up all my media?You have to pay to play on line with a 360 do you not? Is this the same case with a PS3?Can either play High Def DVDs? Or high def movie files off the hard drive?Sorry bout all the questions, maybe not the best place to ask but im sure most of you know the answers.Cheers

PS3 fanboys will tell you PS3, 360 fanboys will tell you 360, its a personal choice, graphically the 360 always seems to have the edge for multiplatform, but the PS3 shines on PS3 only titles. Online, I have to say the 360 is better, but you have to pay for the the pleasure. The 360 can output a decent upscaled DVD but the PS3 has built in Blueray, as you say, the 360 has to have an additional wifi widget, the PS3 is built in (although the 360 has never dropped whereas the PS3 has). The thing is that the 360 is a LOT cheaper than the PS3, but to get it to the same spec you need to spend just about the difference?!? Basically, no-one can help you, its your choice but trust me, whichever you get you be well chuffed with :thumbsup:

Cheers guys, thats a great help.

Ill keep my eyes open for some good deals.

frakison;6912112

That was my hope when I saw the 20% off deal, nearly wet myself in … That was my hope when I saw the 20% off deal, nearly wet myself in anticipation and had my wallet ready....... sadly, my pants stayed dry

Same!! just picked up 3 copies of modern warfare 2 instead at £22

Viperuk;6913656

Well unfortunately you don't know much then! Try finding stock of a £199 … Well unfortunately you don't know much then! Try finding stock of a £199 PS3 at any sainsburys. I rang a local one and they had 4 delivered. 30mins later they were gone. Nowhere has stock around here.

Why the cheek? firstly an order of 4?? wow you must be a big store.. and the reason why they got sold out because you must be from an area where ppl are easily fooled lol. Any sainsburys..try the one in harpenden, got a cage full. I have asked them how much they sold and they said one all day, and that was to a colleague because they get a further 15% discount.

Made a call to your local now you know it all Mr Encyclopedia?

Also the lady on that department said because the deal not doing so good it probably go back to original deal of with 2 games at £249. But looks like they have extended this one for now.

Babyface;6948976

Same!! just picked up 3 copies of modern warfare 2 instead at £22

How and where from ?

pav;6951664

How and where from ?

sorry, this was when sainsbury was doing the 20% discount and sold the game for £26. using a friends discount card i got a further 15% of, and because i know the staff i persuaded them to give me 3 copies saying there xmas presents. They sold out of the games on the day so no more left.

I see this is expired now but the sainsburys near me (o2 centre) never did it after Tuesday. They have £245 with a game.

Babyface;6952921

sorry, this was when sainsbury was doing the 20% discount and sold the … sorry, this was when sainsbury was doing the 20% discount and sold the game for £26. using a friends discount card i got a further 15% of, and because i know the staff i persuaded them to give me 3 copies saying there xmas presents. They sold out of the games on the day so no more left.

I was gonna go instore, but instead ordered from Sainsburys online. Was delivered following day.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57587
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!44
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle813
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22

See more discussions