Groups

PS3 320gb

Banned
    Hi all i am considering selling my PS3 with a 320gb hard drive was originally a 60gb so compatible of playing ps1 and ps2 games has 4 usb port 2 of witch do not work, comes with box and power lead that is it can someone give me a rough estimate

33 Comments

How old is it and have you registered the warrenty.

Look at ebay i think theres a 320gb on there for sale very similar to this and then reduce that for fees (both ebay and paypal) plus reduce it more for the fact 2 of the ports dont work.

erm, the "Warranty" is not void by changing the hard drive....

so it's worth more than a 60 gig

Changing the hard drive does NOT void the warranty

Original Poster Banned

i have had it since last june

bob2009;3388165

erm, the "Warranty" is not void by changing the hard drive.... so it's … erm, the "Warranty" is not void by changing the hard drive.... so it's worth more than a 60 gig

shanecr;3388174

Changing the hard drive does NOT void the warranty

my mistake apologises

Have you registered it with sony?

weird that the usb ports don't work, how did you connect the 320gb hd?

Original Poster Banned

320gb hard is internal just followed instructions on the play station website and work like a charm also can come with linux pre installed if i decide to sell it

Banned

PS3 warranty is non-transferrable regardless of the HDD installed. So if its registered with Sony yer goosed

Original Poster Banned

Well i have never registered the warranty i have just assumed it comes under warranty when bought.

Original Poster Banned

what difference dose it make if the warranty has or hasn't been registered???

if it hasnt then (i think) that the person who buys it can register it to have warrenty.

i may be interested if you sell here

Original Poster Banned

kk well i am trying to get a reasonable price before i consider.

Original Poster Banned

So anyone who is interested in this please feel free to offer

would recommend selling for 250-300? offers cant be made, you have to state a price on a for sale thread im afraid

Original Poster Banned

amansk;3391562

would recommend selling for 250-300? offers cant be made, you have to … would recommend selling for 250-300? offers cant be made, you have to state a price on a for sale thread im afraid

I know as stated above item isn't for sale i am just trying to see how much it is owrth as i am considering selling.

I dont reckon around £250 is right.

320GB WD SATA 2 2.5" LAPTOP DRIVE - £49.99 @ ebuyer.com/pro…790
    PS3 60GB - Can be had from gamestation for £250 but I've seen people sell them for more on here....

So bout £300 inc delivery would be a good price IMO..

Tim

plus two usb ports dont work

Original Poster Banned

thanks for the prices guys i think i might just keep and try and get a good collection of games only got 27 just now

PabloInTheSky;3392674

thanks for the prices guys i think i might just keep and try and get a … thanks for the prices guys i think i might just keep and try and get a good collection of games only got 27 just now

Phone Sony, and get it swapped for one that is reconditioned, you then have a perfectly working PS3.

Banned

about £300

I couldnt sell my immaculate 60gb ps3 for £250 on here!

£230 the USB faults actually mean you can't play the full Rock Band for Example, and its used and the HDD is nothing, they are cheap as chips and you could sell it with the orig 60Gbb if you feel so about it.

Banned

PabloInTheSky;3388364

what difference dose it make if the warranty has or hasn't been … what difference dose it make if the warranty has or hasn't been registered???

if its registered the warranty is yours and cant be passed on

if its not the new owner registers it and has the warranty

its not that hard to grasp

Banned

dunno why there is all this mention about the warranty anyway. its out of date by 4 months.

csiman;3394169

dunno why there is all this mention about the warranty anyway. its out of … dunno why there is all this mention about the warranty anyway. its out of date by 4 months.

Yeah its doesn't take Poirot to figure that one out, lol.

The warranty is irrelevant, Sony will still replace it, never mind the S.O.G.A. which can be used.

Original Poster Banned

thesaint;3394250

The warranty is irrelevant, Sony will still replace it, never mind the … The warranty is irrelevant, Sony will still replace it, never mind the S.O.G.A. which can be used.

ok so how would i go about getting sony to replace it?

You call Sony and tell them that the USB ports have stopped working, and you have been to the shop you purchased it from, and they are happy to replace it, but with a brand new 40GB model.

You then say that you want the 60GB one, as you want to play the vast collection of PS2 games that you have which the 40GB model doesn't.

Sony will ask for the serial number, and a landline telephone number.

They will then arrange a date to send a courier to you and bring a reconditioned 60GB model, and take yours away at the same time.

Phone now

Edited to add: Phone 01923 653598

Banned

you would still need to rip the 320GB drive out though..........

Banned

csiman;3394169

dunno why there is all this mention about the warranty anyway. its out of … dunno why there is all this mention about the warranty anyway. its out of date by 4 months.

Alfonse;3394188

Yeah its doesn't take Poirot to figure that one out, lol.

warranty will start from when its registered with Sony, regardless of when its bought

dimebars;3395465

you would still need to rip the 320GB drive out though..........

You would be advised to, as it is worth more, but as the driver doesn't check it, not strictly true.

Original Poster Banned

Thanks will phone sony over the weekend

PabloInTheSky;3396471

Thanks will phone sony over the weekend

How did you get on? The usual swap-out period is less than a week.

BFN,

fp.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions