Groups

PS3 3.21 Update experiences

Anybody updated??

How did it go??

Did it wipe the entire drive??

Did you lose all your saves,music.phot,video??

Is you PS3 still working correctly??

Not sure i wanna update just yet and wanted to see how it went for everbodyelse..

Thanks

20 Comments

It's fine. They wouldn't release an update that kills all PS3's lol.

DarkKnight;8272624

It's fine. They wouldn't release an update that kills all PS3's lol.

didnt one of their previous updates do something like that? I've been at uni without internet since christmas so i might be a little wrong lol

golemsmate;8272658

didnt one of their previous updates do something like that? I've been at … didnt one of their previous updates do something like that? I've been at uni without internet since christmas so i might be a little wrong lol

They had a problem with the leap year thing, which lasted 24 hours.
    But that wasn't down to an update, just a bug in the clock.

it just remove the "other os system" menu its fine

Banned

3.2.1.boom

dusty bin
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/550000/images/_553949_dustybin150.jpg

golemsmate;8272658

didnt one of their previous updates do something like that? I've been at … didnt one of their previous updates do something like that? I've been at uni without internet since christmas so i might be a little wrong lol

google.co.uk/

eurogamer.net/art…-24

We can all dream it will happen again

dontasciime;8272717

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=hp&q=previous+ps3+firmware+cock+ups&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=previous+ps3+firmware+cock+ups&gs_rfai=&fp=8e06b90140d1b8ae

cheers, so its safe to do this update, i was just thinking about turning it on and updating it

Original Poster

so you dont lose all your saves,photo's,video ETC...as i read that it wipes your drive completely??

Banned

rob585;8272750

so you dont lose all your saves,photo's,video ETC...as i read that it … so you dont lose all your saves,photo's,video ETC...as i read that it wipes your drive completely??

where did you read this?

rob585;8272750

so you dont lose all your saves,photo's,video ETC...as i read that it … so you dont lose all your saves,photo's,video ETC...as i read that it wipes your drive completely??

Nope, i've been running it and it's fine.

no nothing is removed from the hard drive

golemsmate;8272724

cheers, so its safe to do this update, i was just thinking about turning … cheers, so its safe to do this update, i was just thinking about turning it on and updating it

Not updating either of mine (yet) as I want to keep the Other OS feature . The reason I bought mine.

There is no 100% guarantee the update will work on every ps3. Some will break. You just have to hope Sony will fix it if it breaks whilst updating. Cos the Terms and conditions of updating tell you that you are accepting full responsibility and that the risk is yours and that Sony will not be held responsible if something goes wrong.

Wouldn't bother updating tbh. They say its an update, but it actually removes a feature. If anything, its a downgrade.

Banned

mines still going ok

SuperEd

updated no problems

Mine blew up the tv when i updated... knocked out most of the local power grid as well :whistling:

Just kidding... its fine. Sony only done it so no one could exploit the other os option and find a way to crack the system.

[FONT=Arial]Updated 3.21...no problems :thumbsup: 60GB Phat. [/FONT]

DarrylJohn;8272891

Wouldn't bother updating tbh. They say its an update, but it actually … Wouldn't bother updating tbh. They say its an update, but it actually removes a feature. If anything, its a downgrade.

If you don't update it, then you won't be able to play games online etc.
    Why brick your PS3?

Edit: My PS3 has just turned nuclear and i have to run now as the fallout will kill me and the whole of my county

/sarcasm

Original Poster

Thanks for all your input....

I updated mine and its become stuck in update loop, need to call sony tomorrow and speak to them about a repair Sad times
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4402047
      2. EE Retention Deal S845
      3. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp1015
      4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2852

See more discussions