Groups

PS3 40gb PHAT OR SLIM?

Hi all, just going to purchase a ps3. Not sure what the difference is apart from hard drive space.

Price difference - £100 - £130 for 40gb used phat ps3, £250-£280 for ps3 120-250gb new

With the price savings of the 40gb would it be better to stick to that. Would i get any problems or risks for the future?

I was told about the OS on the older phat ones. That they should be allowed to install them in comparison to the new ps3 slims

Sorry for creating a thread about this

Thanks

6 Comments

I would personally get the new slim one so you have the warranty for a peace of mind although I've had my 40gb phat for 2 years now and I've not had a problem with it yet.

Don't touch the used 40gb's - go for a slim

These 40gb's came out in October 2007 - just get a new one..

40gb ones seem to be the most problematic ones.

Original Poster

Ok thats great, thanks for letting me know. Ive been to loads of places in town and cant seem to find a shop with a ps3 in stock.

preciousb;8249698

Ok thats great, thanks for letting me know. Ive been to loads of places … Ok thats great, thanks for letting me know. Ive been to loads of places in town and cant seem to find a shop with a ps3 in stock.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…846 Although Amazon have put in place a 5 per account ordering limit :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Cheers thanks! Repped you too
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions