Groups

PS3 60 or 80/40gb?

Which would you recommend getting?

26 Comments

Get the 60gb if your interested in playing the PS2 games, if your not then I think your betting to pay less and get the 80gb

Get the 40.. upgrade the hard drive yourself..

Get a 360.....

Original Poster

munnski;5400967

Get the 60gb if your interested in playing the PS2 games, if your not … Get the 60gb if your interested in playing the PS2 games, if your not then I think your betting to pay less and get the 80gb

What if the 60GB was cheaper but the 80 came with 7 games and a extra dual shock lol?
    What about the memory card reader and extra 2 usb slots?

Original Poster

grex9101;5400976

Get a 360.....

Got one and i'm bored. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Also I heard the 80gb plays ps2 games also?
    What about reliability?

If you got bored of the 360, you wont even use the PS3.

My PS3 is sat there gathering dust.

Met-Cast;5400983

It's even worse over in Sony land.... :roll:

Blu-ray is good though, and the new video service looks v.promising :thumbsup:

Original Poster

t0mm;5400990

If you got bored of the 360, you wont even use the PS3.My PS3 is sat … If you got bored of the 360, you wont even use the PS3.My PS3 is sat there gathering dust.

I think I'll enjoy the browser little big planet metal gear solid madnation etc. but if I do get bored ill just sell it puts me to my next section which ones better for resale value?

grex9101;5400998

It's even worse over in Sony land.... :roll:Blu-ray is good though, and … It's even worse over in Sony land.... :roll:Blu-ray is good though, and the new video service looks v.promising :thumbsup:

Really?

Met-Cast;5401026

Really?

Yeah, vidzone.

Looks promising:

vidzone.tv/

Get a 60gb. otherwise dont bother.

There's a good reason why t0mms ps3 is gathering dust next to his :pirate: 360 :whistling:

shanecr;5401081

Get a 60gb. otherwise dont bother. There's a good reason why t0mms ps3 is … Get a 60gb. otherwise dont bother. There's a good reason why t0mms ps3 is gathering dust next to his :pirate: 360 :whistling:

Yar, land ahoy me hearties :-D

grex9101;5401108

Yar, land ahoy me hearties :-D

Come aboot fello' heartie! :-D

Original Poster

t0mm;5401157

Come aboot fello' heartie! :-D

He's a pirate? :P I don't quite understand.

Also so should I go ahead with buying it?
    £200 with a dualshock boxed?
    Also the person says he's never registered any serial number of it. What does this mean for me?

Met-Cast;5401177

He's a pirate? :P I don't quite understand.Also so should I go ahead with … He's a pirate? :P I don't quite understand.Also so should I go ahead with buying it?£200 with a dualshock boxed?Also the person says he's never registered any serial number of it. What does this mean for me?

for a 60gb? thats good price. unregistered should mean you can use the sony warranty.

Original Poster

shanecr;5401306

for a 60gb? thats good price. unregistered should mean you can use the … for a 60gb? thats good price. unregistered should mean you can use the sony warranty.

Another weird thing it's apparently 6 months old bought from toys r us is this even possible? And so does that mean I have 6 months of remaining warranty?

Met-Cast;5401369

Another weird thing it's apparently 6 months old bought from toys r us is … Another weird thing it's apparently 6 months old bought from toys r us is this even possible? And so does that mean I have 6 months of remaining warranty?

ANYTHING is possible

Original Poster

shanecr;5401386

ANYTHING is possible

No shane seriously though? Thought they aren't being produced anymore?

Met-Cast;5401400

No shane seriously though? Thought they aren't being produced anymore?

they might have had old stock.

Original Poster

shanecr;5401456

they might have had old stock.

Oh okay I'll ask the guy to double check it's a 60gb :thumbsup:
    Do I get a years warranty or remaining 6 months?

Met-Cast;5401551

Oh okay I'll ask the guy to double check it's a 60gb :thumbsup:Do I get a … Oh okay I'll ask the guy to double check it's a 60gb :thumbsup:Do I get a years warranty or remaining 6 months?

if its not registered, though i dont remember ever registering mine, in theory you can claim its a gift and get a years warranty from registering it when you get it.

Original Poster

shanecr;5401573

if its not registered, though i dont remember ever registering mine, in … if its not registered, though i dont remember ever registering mine, in theory you can claim its a gift and get a years warranty from registering it when you get it.

So I tell them it was a gift? :thumbsup:

Met-Cast;5401761

So I tell them it was a gift? :thumbsup:

do you have a receipt??

Met-Cast;5400983

+1 Thats what happened to me. I got the 80 GB as 60 GB are out of warrenty now and i learnt my lesson with my 4 broken 360's :w00t:

ive had my 60gb for year n a half, so far no hiccups. and if there are......continious play

Original Poster

shanecr;5401781

do you have a receipt??

He just told me he's just realized its 80gb and he's deeply sorry for it so should I get it £199, would've been £214 otherwise?
    RuthIess;5401801

+1 Thats what happened to me. I got the 80 GB as 60 GB are out of … +1 Thats what happened to me. I got the 80 GB as 60 GB are out of warrenty now and i learnt my lesson with my 4 broken 360's :w00t:

Out of warranty? Which one's better not sure if i'll be using the backwards compatibility?

shanecr;5401831

ive had my 60gb for year n a half, so far no hiccups. and if there … ive had my 60gb for year n a half, so far no hiccups. and if there are......continious play

Isn't that insurance fraud?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      2. Biscuit addiction1231
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions