Groups

PS3 80GB America

Hmm Hi all,
    well I'm going to San Francisco next march and was wondering if it would be worth bringing a ps3 home for myself
    I've notcied theyre around £100-£150 cheaper
    was wondering about customs etc..
    is it worth it?
    Thanks
    Jack
    And before you say anything I have a 360

8 Comments

The Uk may have a new model by then, so who knows if it will be worth it in 4months time.

The pound to dollar ratio may be completely different as well.

Go for it. I think you have a good chance of bypassing customs if you allow room for the PS3 box to enter inside a suitcase.

With the current exhange rate: 80GB with motorstorm £243, 40GB with spiderman 3 blu-ray £195.

get a 40gb one from there its only 200 pounds. unless u want extra usb ports and wanna play ps2 games then get a ps3. also my cousin got through customs by removing the box.

ALICOM007

get a 40gb one from there its only 200 pounds. unless u want extra usb … get a 40gb one from there its only 200 pounds. unless u want extra usb ports and wanna play ps2 games then get a ps3. also my cousin got through customs by removing the box.

What if you wanna keep the box though?

yh thats the problem. you might have to wrap it with christmas warping paper or something and include a message saying to xxxxx happy christmas. so they mark it as a gift and dont charge you tax on it.

Original Poster

Lol hmm either this or a wii for xmas

ps3. without arguments.

Let me give you some advice which could save you some dosh. I posted this over on AVF aswell.

If you are staying at a hotel (or anywhere as long as someone is in to sign for it). I suggest you order it off of Amazon.com

You wont have to pay any Sales Tax if your billing address is in the UK. I've done this a few times (not with a PS3) and it's has worked great. Normally go for 2 days shipping. Amazon.com is cheaper than most stateside stores anyway.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …1423
      2. LG Watch Style worth buying for £75?44
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764458
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846250

See more discussions