Groups

PS3 advice

This is probably going to open a whole can 'o worms BUT, I've just ordered my first ever PS3 and am wondeing what to buy to go with it i.e. games, peripherals, controllers, blu-rays etc...
    What can you reccommend?

13 Comments

Do you need an extra controller? post earlier on here had official sony dualshock controller £18 inc postage direct from sony,out of stock now but can still order it, also preowned ps3 games in game sale at moment for a few quid, fifa, tiger woods etc ( posted a few times on here)

Banned

What can you reccommend?

depends what style of game you like

go for the best original games which can be picked up sub £10 (e.g UNCHARTED, RFOM, LBP).

Banned

this is essential if you will be watching a lot of films etc.

hotukdeals.com/ite…735

PlayTV ]http//ww…ore
    COD Modern warfare 2 is a good game so is COD 4 Modern warfare.

If you hasn't already got one...

A 1080p tv!!!

I'd recomend some geotec or glotek triggers I couldn live without mine they clip on your ps3 controllers they're only 3.99 ish a pair also I'd get a charging station I've got the energiser one it was 25 quid from currys but keeps your controllers topped up and always charged and joint the eu playstation forums as loads of people will help with any questions you have enjoy add me if u want psn name is same as username here

wireless haed set(official one) if you are going to be playing online
    extra controller should you need it
    HDTV and HDMI cable(cheap and cheerful)

Original Poster

I like driving games and I am considering Gran Turismo 5, Dirt, Burnout Paradise etc... What are you views?
    Also, it seems everybody and his wife likes the 'war' games like COD so I guess I'll have to try one of those too. Looking at Wet and Little Big Planet too....thoughts?
    Cheers for the reccommendations.
    (P.S. I've already got a 1080 tv, woo-hoo!)

Original Poster

TheJamesS;7408241

I'd recomend some geotec or glotek triggers I couldn live without mine … I'd recomend some geotec or glotek triggers I couldn live without mine they clip on your ps3 controllers they're only 3.99 ish a pair also I'd get a charging station I've got the energiser one it was 25 quid from currys but keeps your controllers topped up and always charged and joint the eu playstation forums as loads of people will help with any questions you have enjoy add me if u want psn name is same as username here

Good advice, thank you. Where did you get your triggers from?

Banned

minifish33;7408269

I like driving games and I am considering Gran Turismo 5, Dirt, Burnout … I like driving games and I am considering Gran Turismo 5, Dirt, Burnout Paradise etc... What are you views?Also, it seems everybody and his wife likes the 'war' games like COD so I guess I'll have to try one of those too. Looking at Wet and Little Big Planet too....thoughts?Cheers for the reccommendations.(P.S. I've already got a 1080 tv, woo-hoo!)

make sure its burnout ULTIMATE (about £14). Has a great party mode for multiplayer.

get Killzone 2 for a brilliant fps at rock bottom price (about £13). and of course COD4 / 5 which are cheap now

GT5 isnt out till march. Dirt is pretty dull imho.

Got them from hmv instore or have a look online for some

Gran Turismo 5 would be ideal if you are looking for a racing game, also the recently released Call Of Duty MW2 is very fun if your looking to play a shooter game. If you have freinds/relatives with a PS3 then you might want to get a EyeToy so you can start a chat room with them, the EyeToy can also be used as a microphone instead of a headset.

minifish33;7408302

Good advice, thank you. Where did you get your triggers from?

Triggers are usually £1.99 online.

hotukdeals.com/ite…rig
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions