Found 3rd Mar 2009
I have got a surround system which is pretty old (3 Years) and works fine and in good working order but wondering will it work with the PS3?

Its got a digital in, aux (which used to connect to another DVD player) and Component link!!

Its a JVC TH-S3!!

Any help apprecaited and if I can what cables?

1. Misc
  2. Speakers
13 Comments

There is an opticla out on PS£ (buy cheap cable) and plug into your digial in on JVC, by far the best way

Original Poster

guru_the;4539677

There is an opticla out on PS£ (buy cheap cable) and plug into your … There is an opticla out on PS£ (buy cheap cable) and plug into your digial in on JVC, by far the best way

So optical cable will work?

is "digital in" the same as optical?
ps3 has optical output so, should just need and optical cable to connect the two,
then change the settings on the ps3 to output the sound to optical output.

If you need one, I have spare think its about 2 or 3 meters, but don't know of a price.
Used ot use for 360, then sold 360

Optical, Toc link, digital = all the say (like gotten red LED down the cable)
Coxial digial = different looking (like RCA cable sort of, usually from TV to sound system)

Original Poster

guru_the;4539709

If you need one, I have spare think its about 2 or 3 meters, but don't … If you need one, I have spare think its about 2 or 3 meters, but don't know of a price.Used ot use for 360, then sold 360

My PS3 and DVD player next to each other so does not have to be long! Price? Also if you decide to sell and know if it will work, we will need to discuss this in the FS/FT area!!

Original Poster

landofdan;4539706

is "digital in" the same as optical?ps3 has optical output so, should … is "digital in" the same as optical?ps3 has optical output so, should just need and optical cable to connect the two,then change the settings on the ps3 to output the sound to optical output.

Thats what I wanted to know as was presuming it would say optical! :oops:

optical is this
http://www.getdtvready.com/images/optical%2520cable.jpg
your cable look like that? or got a hole for it in you JVC?

Original Poster

fixya.com/sup…e-8

Back is like that and yes there is a hole!!

Thats a DTS one (nice best type) wait to you hear Killzone 2 threw it... sweet

Original Poster

guru_the;4539906

Thats a DTS one (nice best type) wait to you hear Killzone 2 threw it... … Thats a DTS one (nice best type) wait to you hear Killzone 2 threw it... sweet

Do you think theres any point of paying extra for one? As will cheap ones be carp?

landofdan;4539794

optical is thisyour cable look like that? or got a hole for it in you JVC?

hahahaha i love your avi :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Hopefully will have it up and and running THANKS to fragaliciousbob!!!! :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Computer upgrades78
    2. Why Can't I Get BT Showcase on Freeview?22
    3. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G914
    4. Dog advice please. Think my Labrador is dying after catching the cold77

See more discussions