Found 22nd Mar 2007
Hi Folks

With the PS3 finally(!) launching tomorrow Sony have finally realeased a list of PS2 games the work (or nearly) with the new black Foreman grill lookalike.

faq.eu.playstation.com/bc/…htm

10 Comments

just had a quick look and im really surprised that the entire Pro Evo series only has 1 block of compatibility. They're gonna need to bring out an update n quick otherwise theres gonna be a lot of peed off people

only got socom 1 and 2. socom 3 doenst work!!

ok im well hacked off FFx will have problems as will pro evo 6
think I'll send the sodding thing back
Anyone eles think it was a bit sneeky of sony not to release this info untill the day before launch :x

I hope this can be fixed with a firmware update.

I know that it'll be good to play PS2 games on PS3 but what I don't understand is that when people moan about not being able to play the games on the PS3 can't they just play them on the PS2?

It's not a go at anyone, it's just an observation.

Banned

Scouser78

I know that it'll be good to play PS2 games on PS3 but what I don't … I know that it'll be good to play PS2 games on PS3 but what I don't understand is that when people moan about not being able to play the games on the PS3 can't they just play them on the PS2?It's not a go at anyone, it's just an observation.

Agree, to be honest.

You pay over 400 quid for a PS3, if you only wanted it to play PS2 games you are a complete nutter!

You can get them for about 50 quid or less second hand!

JDeal

Agree, to be honest.You pay over 400 quid for a PS3, if you only wanted … Agree, to be honest.You pay over 400 quid for a PS3, if you only wanted it to play PS2 games you are a complete nutter!You can get them for about 50 quid or less second hand!

In my case I didn't want a ps3 I was happy with the ps2 and didn't really think we needed one. That and I could have found a MUCH better use for £500 ish.

I wanted a Wii :x

JDeal

Agree, to be honest.You pay over 400 quid for a PS3, if you only wanted … Agree, to be honest.You pay over 400 quid for a PS3, if you only wanted it to play PS2 games you are a complete nutter!You can get them for about 50 quid or less second hand!

No-one's suggesting people would buy a PS3 just to play PS2 games (what would be the point ?).

I think the point is that when you bought a PS2 you knew you could sell your PS1 (and still keep your PS1 games in the knowledge they would all work).
Then you could put the money from your PS1 sale towards a PS2 game or two, and you wouldn't need 2 different consoles cluttering up your living room.

Not so with the PS3 (despite initial claims from Sony, which have now turned out to be false).

I wanted a Wii

And I wanted a Pii please bob but didn't get one...:p :giggle:

crazylegs

And I wanted a Pii please bob but didn't get one...:p :giggle:

PMSL :giggle: That really cheered me up thanks crazylegs
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Parcels2go discount22
    2. Looking for advice on ESP8266 microcontroller project411
    3. Do I need fabric conditioner?1013
    4. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc56

See more discussions