Groups

PS3 Controller Wont Sync

Got a P3 controller for the PS3, however it doesnt sync.

The 4 lights on the top flash rapidly, then slowly, but it doesnt sync at all. Tried connecting through the settings on the PS3 menu but it is still not syncing.

Cheers

13 Comments

What's a P3 controller, and how are you trying to sync it?

Original Poster

Yeh, a white P3

Original Poster

thesaint;7383447

How are you trying to sync it?

Through the usb cable and restarting the ps3, and also using the dongle which came with it.

redvee92;7383461

Through the usb cable and restarting the ps3, and also using the dongle … Through the usb cable and restarting the ps3, and also using the dongle which came with it.

I take it that it is some cheap jobby? Probably busted.

Try another USB lead, the PS3 is picky with its USB leads.

Original Poster

When i tried that it just did the sae thing. Flashing rapdily, pressed the P3 button again and the flashing went a bit slower.

Not my PS3, and I dont have one myself.

Anything else i could try?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7383513

Update 3.0 blocked all fake controllers from working. Most from ebay are … Update 3.0 blocked all fake controllers from working. Most from ebay are fakes. Basically it's a paper weight.

That true? I havnt read that anywhere else?

Is there a small pin hole on the back of the controller (reset button) push it in gently for 10 seconds then reconnect the Controller to the PS3 whilst off with a usb cable.

once it works through the cable restart the PS3 disconnect the usb cable and pair with PS3 using the PS Button.

This happend with my genuine controller drove me nuts as I had only had the thing a week.

If it doesn't have the reset button you may need to add the Controller as a Bluetooth acessory.

Dcx is right. Update 3.0 blocked faked ones. It's actually very common knowledge for PS users.

Celticsun;7383550

Is there a small pin hole on the back of the controller (reset button) … Is there a small pin hole on the back of the controller (reset button) push it in gently for 10 seconds then reconnect the Controller to the PS3 whilst off with a usb cable.once it works through the cable restart the PS3 disconnect the usb cable and pair with PS3 using the PS Button.This happend with my genuine controller drove me nuts as I had only had the thing a week.

He's got a fake one so theres no point doing that process.

DarkKnight;7383564

The person you quoted had an original one. :thinking:

DarkKnight;7383564

Valid point.

Original Poster

Cheers anyway

But the 3.1 that came out stopped that :thumbsup: well for the white jap models anyway. (official)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!543734
      2. Apples new update47
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1629
      4. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2325

See more discussions