Groups

PS3 Cooling Fan

i am looking into getting aPS3 cooling fan as i am getting the error message more and more

console hot blah blah blah

there are 101 on ebay. has anyone used one, can anyone recommend one?
    are they effective?

cheers

12 Comments

No need, just clear out all your vents with a hair drier.

Original Poster

generaloneill;7707525

No need, just clear out all your vents with a hair drier.

i have it built into a cupboard though so i am thinking cooling is the way to go?

i wouldnt say haidryer, more like a vacuum cleaner, suck out all the dust and bits through the fan vents...

On some PS3's they have a high speed self cleaning mode, but i forgot what you need to press for it.

Original Poster

its more to keep it cool during long periods of use???

any one used a usb cooling fan?

littlehoneyz;7709719

its more to keep it cool during long periods of use???any one used a usb … its more to keep it cool during long periods of use???any one used a usb cooling fan?

If you have it in a built-in cupboard, then i would say that a fan wouldn't do much to help (If the PS3 is surrounded on all sides)

Best to have the PS3 in a well ventilated space.

lol and people wonder why there consoles break...

Banned

if it's built in a unit all an extra fan would do is blow more hot air through the console which aint gonna help
    just clean the vent with a hoover every couple of weeks and put it in a well ventilated space :thumbsup:

Original Poster

numptyj;7709926

lol and people wonder why there consoles break...

do they, is that what people wonder eh???

DarkKnight;7708630

On some PS3's they have a high speed self cleaning mode, but i forgot … On some PS3's they have a high speed self cleaning mode, but i forgot what you need to press for it.

Its better you keep it forgotten, very dangerous to do it.

Take ur PS3 out of the cupboard, thats ridiculous, it has air vents for a reason

Turn your ps3 off as normal, either by controller or the button on the console,

Then Turn it off from the main switch at the back,

Press and HOLD down the Eject Button

While Holding Eject Turn main Switch Back on.

The ps3 will beep and the fan will turn on, let go and listen to the Fan go mental and blow dust everywhere for about 20 seconds

Turn main switch back off, then on again and start as normal

youtube.com/wat…ded

never done it, its meant to be a diagnostic test for engineers so beware if you do it lol

numptyj;7712407

Turn your ps3 off as normal, either by controller or the button on the … Turn your ps3 off as normal, either by controller or the button on the console,Then Turn it off from the main switch at the back,Press and HOLD down the Eject ButtonWhile Holding Eject Turn main Switch Back on.The ps3 will beep and the fan will turn on, let go and listen to the Fan go mental and blow dust everywhere for about 20 secondsTurn main switch back off, then on again and start as normalhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhU4_Rm0GQU&feature=player_embeddednever done it, its meant to be a diagnostic test for engineers so beware if you do it lol

Probably the worst thing you can do to your PS3!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Battery drain on iOS 1189
      2. Looking for a mobile phone with a £300 budget45
      3. Oil for Oak Doors33
      4. Breath of the Wild Replacement Cover?44

See more discussions