PS3 custom firmware / must haves(info needed)

12 replies
Found 15th Feb 2011
Managed to get a slim ps3 for £160 from tesco.

As above whats needed for a ps3? any recommended games(offline only as i use my 360 for all online gaming)

Also regarding custom firmware can you go online if putting this on?

12 Comments

just get a memory stick put the custom pup on there and use the update via usb memory stick on the PS3
You can use the MFW Builder, or use Kmeaw's CFW (Think thats how it spelt) to get the custom .pup

Can't go online easily at the moment, requires messing with SSL certificates

Would recommend looking on PSX-Scene or PSGroove
Edited by: "chris_avfc" 15th Feb 2011

Games:
Gran Turismo 5
Uncharted 1 & 2 (3 coming out later this year)

You get get online using the v3.55 kmeaw custom firmware *at the moment* but it's a cat and mouse game between the hackers and Sony, to find ways around Sony's mandatory firmware upgrades which are needed to get online. If you're going to install CFW, i'd advise staying offline as you wouldn't want that nice new console to end up banned right away!

Original Poster

Sorry I meant online as in web browsing, 4od, iplayer etc I wouldn't use the psn store.

Thanks for the replies

MarzBarz

Sorry I meant online as in web browsing, 4od, iplayer etc I wouldn't use … Sorry I meant online as in web browsing, 4od, iplayer etc I wouldn't use the psn store.Thanks for the replies

Yes works
most likely under 3.56 so should be fine for CFW.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Killzone 3 was just leaked aswell.....

For some reason i find it hard playing fps with a ps3 pad. Dont know if thats just me.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

It's not, its the reason I hate consoles, just find the control systems … It's not, its the reason I hate consoles, just find the control systems to be absolute junk.

Ah i see well they do say nothing can beat pc gaming.

plus its 42gb too lol

Original Poster

Ive heard you can copy games i.e if you own a legit game the ps3 and copy it over to the hard drive?

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
LittleBigPlanet 1&2
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
God of War III
Killzone 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Heavy Rain
Resistance
Gran Turismo 5
MotorStorm

.....that should keep ya going for a while

MarzBarz

For some reason i find it hard playing fps with a ps3 pad. Dont know if … For some reason i find it hard playing fps with a ps3 pad. Dont know if thats just me.

dcx_badass

It's not, its the reason I hate consoles, just find the control systems … It's not, its the reason I hate consoles, just find the control systems to be absolute junk.

MarzBarz

Ah i see well they do say nothing can beat pc gaming.

I was in the same boat as you guys until i discovered the FragFX SHARK.....absolutely rocks in Black Ops.
splitfish.com/ind…ark

Message from GEOHOT to Sony on youtube -

Search for "The Light It Up Contest -- geohot"

Lmao
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4176
    2. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993251
    3. word association Game74244916
    4. Add one, leave one game54415442