ps3 extended warrantys (game care etc.) worth it?? and what should i do

Banned 5 replies
Found 27th Dec 2009
my ps3 died last month but dont trust my repair so going to buy a new console

but i dont want to have to worry about replacing the new one when it ylod so im thinking about taking out an extended warranty with game on a new slim

anyone have any views on the warranties whether they are worth it or not? anything i should know about them that they dont really tell you on the website?

or should i just buy a 360 elite with the 3 year warranty for rrod that microsoft include - which will be cheaper overall

dont want this to be a argument about which console is better as i know the pros and cons of both and i only play fifa online so dont really matter to me

its going to cost me £250 for a xbox with the same game, amount of controllers etc as my ps3 setup before

or

£280 for ps3 and the warranty and i have to use the games and controllers i already have

4 Comments

or just use the sales of good act to get your ps3 fixed for free! my 60gb ps3 died got game to fix it free with sales of goods act. brought the 60gb ps3 off here while back n they still fixed it. going to wait for a good deal on a slim dont seem to many about. but im not going to get the warrenty sales of goods act covers 5 years werth.

Original Poster Banned

pompeyrory;7343411

or just use the sales of good act to get your ps3 fixed for free! my 60gb … or just use the sales of good act to get your ps3 fixed for free! my 60gb ps3 died got game to fix it free with sales of goods act. brought the 60gb ps3 off here while back n they still fixed it. going to wait for a good deal on a slim dont seem to many about. but im not going to get the warrenty sales of goods act covers 5 years werth.

too late for this ive repaired it and sold it

yer but on the next ps3 you get instead of paying extra for extended warrenty just use sales of goods act if it breakes.

pompeyrory;7343492

yer but on the next ps3 you get instead of paying extra for extended … yer but on the next ps3 you get instead of paying extra for extended warrenty just use sales of goods act if it breakes.

depends on the fault.
under the sale of goods act its up to you to prove the fault was inherant from manufacture.

some retailers will repair it so you shut up and go away.
some will want you to prove the fault via an independant engineers report.

it'll have to specify that the fault wasnt caused by normal wear & tear, nor through misuse or abuse.

Currys/PC world cover is £1.79 a month and includes accidental damage cover too.

if something happens, take it into the store, show them the problem, they make a quick phone call to Sony with your ref. number.
depending on the fault, repair or instant replacement.

last did I did one, the fault was classed as code 5, it was written off and the customer given a new one on the spot.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition63685
    2. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines21
    3. Win a google pixel phone at Stylist1111
    4. win free cash32

See more discussions