PS3 game sold on eBay need advice on unique identifiers on disc

Just sold a PS3 game on eBay - buyer only has 1 feedback & is newish registered, I know everyone has to start somewhere but just trying to cover my back. I have heard others mention that buyers have bought a mint condition disc & then swapped it for their badly scratched disc & filed an "not as described" & got their money back from paypal.

Are there any unique identifiers on the disc itself so I could prove they have swapped it, if this happens?

8 Comments

There should be a code around the inner hole its not unique as such but is a form of batch code and a scammer having one from the same batch is unlikely, just photograph it,

Original Poster

harlzter;8614030

There should be a code around the inner hole its not unique as such but … There should be a code around the inner hole its not unique as such but is a form of batch code and a scammer having one from the same batch is unlikely, just photograph it,

Cheers for the info :thumbsup: rep on it's way

wow does this really happen ? i wouldnt of thought it, ebay really is getting worse ( well not ebay as such but the scammers ) GL hope its a genuine one for you :thumbsup:

Original Poster

SABJ;8614314

wow does this really happen ? i wouldnt of thought it, ebay really is … wow does this really happen ? i wouldnt of thought it, ebay really is getting worse ( well not ebay as such but the scammers ) GL hope its a genuine one for you :thumbsup:

thanks, hopefully everything will be fine, maybe I'm just being too paranoid :roll:

harlzter;8614030

There should be a code around the inner hole its not unique as such but … There should be a code around the inner hole its not unique as such but is a form of batch code and a scammer having one from the same batch is unlikely, just photograph it,

I just checked my two copies of COD WAW, purchased 2nd hand about 6 months in between each other, one from a private buyer, one from a shop. Same number.

Take a picture of yours, and upload it, and let me know what camera you have.

thesaint;8614552

I just checked my two copies of COD WAW, purchased 2nd hand about 6 … I just checked my two copies of COD WAW, purchased 2nd hand about 6 months in between each other, one from a private buyer, one from a shop. Same number.Take a picture of yours, and upload it, and let me know what camera you have.

I was basing this on 360 games, assuming that they would be the same, dont have a PS3 and none of my 360 games have serials :whistling: well about 3 do

Original Poster

thesaint;8614552

I just checked my two copies of COD WAW, purchased 2nd hand about 6 … I just checked my two copies of COD WAW, purchased 2nd hand about 6 months in between each other, one from a private buyer, one from a shop. Same number.Take a picture of yours, and upload it, and let me know what camera you have.

I've tried taking a photo using Macro on a Fuji F10 but I can't seem to get it to focus on the number it just picks up the reflection on the disc!

All I can do is just hope that it is a genuine buyer - the picture does show no scratches on the disc but obviously it doesn't confim that is it actually that game as I can't get the number to focus. Anyway it's been posted now so fingers crossed for the next few days.

Just take some pictures of the disc in a very bright light as it will show all scratches. If the buyer does try anything you can then show those to ebay.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
    2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
    3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
    4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions