Groups

Ps3 hard drive help

I have 2 ps3s and I was wondering if I swapped the hard drives between the 2 would they work as normal, or would I lose data etc?

It's because I have a 120gb on 3.55
    And a 250gb on 3.56 so j was wanting the bigger hard drive in the console on 3.55

6 Comments

Original Poster

Ok thanks so I'd have to do a back up on each console then and restore the data on each one

tay1982

Ok thanks so I'd have to do a back up on each console then and restore … Ok thanks so I'd have to do a back up on each console then and restore the data on each one

Yes.

You can also connect the two by an ethernet cable to transfer your files from one to the other, so you only need to backup one to an external drive (not both).

[ manuals.playstation.net/doc…tml ]

BFN,

fp.

Banned

Yeah, what fp said.
    I've done it, it's really easy.

Do you want to stay on 3.55 firmware if you do check the pup file is the right one and not 3.56

sennasnit

Yeah, what fp said.I've done it, it's really easy.

Not what fp said as you can't use the "Data Transfer Utility" on PS3 of differing firmwares.

sennasnit

Yeah, what fp said.I've done it, it's really easy.

thesaint

Not what fp said as you can't use the "Data Transfer Utility" on PS3 of … Not what fp said as you can't use the "Data Transfer Utility" on PS3 of differing firmwares.

Really? Even with a cracked 3.55?

Darn! Another person I nearly had upgrading to 3.56!

BFN,

fp.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      2. What laptop to choose?11
      3. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33
      4. Laptop screen backlight issue23

See more discussions