Groups

PS3 Hard Drive Upgrade

Can anyone suggest I good place/product to upgradge my PS3. Currently have a 40GB and quickly running out of space.

Cheers

3 Comments

It's very easy. There's a lot of information on the internet, this link provides all the steps in detail and was the one I used as a reference.

vgstrategies.about.com/od/…htm

Essentially, when shopping for a replacement HDD, look for the following atributes: SATA, 2.5 inch, 5200 rpm HDD, use shopping comparision site for competitive prices. I fitted a WD 250Gb in minutes, didn't bother to back up data as I only had the PS3 a couple days, and just allowed the PS3 to do what it needed to do. I only went for WD as their pricing was compeitive, so please dont take that as a recommendation for a particular manufacturor.

I got a 160 GB harddrive to upgarde my 60GB one.
    overclockers.co.uk/sho…-FJ
    but if you want to go insane you could try this one.
    overclockers.co.uk/sho…896

its easy to install just make sure you back up everything first using the backup wizard.
    remove the case at the bottom then unscrew about 5 screws then slide it out and slide the new one in.
    it will then format I would say its a good idear to format 10GB for linux even if its unlikey you will install it as you would have to backup then reformat.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226
      2. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      4. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043

See more discussions