Groups

PS3 Hardrive Upgrade?

So iv found a tutorial on how to upgrade my playstation 3 harddrive from the 80gb it came with, however where is the best place to buy a bigger harddrive?

15 Comments

Just backup the old using the menu utility and then swap out the drive and restore the backup.

Original Poster

wheres the cheapest place for a 500gb ?

Def check eBuyer, Amazon quite cheap too.

Original Poster

sorry, is there a certain model i need or will any 2.5" one work?

Would this work?

]http//ww…804

lastlaststar;6307947

sorry, is there a certain model i need or will any 2.5" one work?Would … sorry, is there a certain model i need or will any 2.5" one work?Would this work?]http://www.ebuyer.com/product/151804

That'll be fine

ace101;6307822

]Western Digital Scorpio Blue 320GB i thinking of getting this one

are they loud? i hear that some hard drives are loud or is it the same as the standard/original ps3 hard drive?

ace101;6307822

]Western Digital Scorpio Blue 320GB i thinking of getting this one

I upgraded my PS3 with this and it's been fine :thumbsup:

tallpete33;6308168

Metoo, exactly the same one and it's spot on. :thumbsup:

tallpete33;6308168

they sound the same or are they louder?

My ones a bit quieter. I rate WD drives as one of the best. Used this drive many a time to upgrade peoples PS3... highly recommended........ although if i had the choice right now id go for a 500GB for around the £60 mark ;-)

just be careful because any drive over 250gb will be sata 2, the ps3 only reads sata 1 although sata 2 are backwards compatible there may be problems in the future.

One example i have with mine is that bbci player stutters every tens seconds

community.eu.playstation.com/pla…e=2

iNSOMANiAC;6309129

just be careful because any drive over 250gb will be sata 2, the ps3 only … just be careful because any drive over 250gb will be sata 2, the ps3 only reads sata 1 although sata 2 are backwards compatible there may be problems in the future.One example i have with mine is that bbci player stutters every tens seconds http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=62&thread.id=1564542&view=by_date_ascending&page=2

hmmm....i watch iPlayer a lot, thinking twice about upgrading :oops:

Original Poster

so anything over 250GB is gonna stutter on iplayer then?

lastlaststar;6432029

so anything over 250GB is gonna stutter on iplayer then?

Yes it does but to be fair i didnt check with the old drive. But everything else streams fine.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …134317
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?32149
      3. Your dream gaming set up?815
      4. Cat Chat74711

See more discussions