PS3 HDMI Cables. Buy cheap or expensive?

14 replies
Found 3rd Feb 2010
Just bought a PS3 and am linking it up to my 42" plasma TV

How much should you pay for hdmi cables? A few pounds or about £30+?

Is there any difference in picture quality for the price difference?

Cheers

1. Misc
  2. HDMI
  3. PS3
14 Comments

cheap 3 quid tops

Here we go again.............................................

B4 the usual debate starts, I use cheapo £1.59 cables for my Xbox and BluRay player and both work fine with excellent picture quality on my 32" Toshiba

HDMI is a purely digital signal. As such it makes no difference whether your cable is one pound or one hundred pounds. Cheap is absolutely fine.

Evil_monkey;7744437

Here we go again.............................................B4 the usual … Here we go again.............................................B4 the usual debate starts, I use cheapo £1.59 cables for my Xbox and BluRay player and both work fine with excellent picture quality on my 32" Toshiba

ditto

Banned

cheap its a con

It doesn't matter how much you spend, it's a digital cable so you can't have a best or worst.
So spend around £1.50

deffo cheap mine was 1.99delivered from a deal on hear before xmas works great on my "kids" ps3 must go now got to get back on gta4 ;-)

remember it is for digital signals not analogue, therefore cheap should work just as well

cheap!

Banned

get decent build quality though

spend more than a fiver and you've been ripped off.

I use these @ £0.99 delivered They are great on my
LE40M86BD lcd 1080p

amazon.co.uk/exe…uct

I use the ones from Poundland, excellent pic on my Full HD 46" LCD

Jumpingphil;7745829

SO, it seems no more than £3.00 is the order of the day.I wonder, have … SO, it seems no more than £3.00 is the order of the day.I wonder, have any of you tried your exact same set-up with a £30.00 lead to see if there is a difference?What's that you say, noooooooooooooo.So how do you know there isn't a difference.Next thing you'll be saying is "all women are the same". :w00t:I haven't tried to compare them myself 'cos I don't have a Blu ray player, but there does seem to be evidence that it does make a difference.Try going into Currys or the like and ask for a demo.Then decide for yourself.

Over long distances there can be some difference. Not in short cables though.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769551
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247659
    3. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA22133
    4. One4all gift cards can only be converted to Amazon codes until MIDNIGHT TON…22

See more discussions