Groups

PS3 Headphones??

Do decent headphones exist that work with the PS3?

I have a complicated set up so they need to be able to plug directly into the PS3 while the video comes through HDMI (i can explain the set up if helpful) - so possibly USB??

If these headsets also incorporate a mic for ingame chat that would be great, but not important

Let me know if you know of any and also feedback if they are any good!!

Cheers

8 Comments

Original Poster

Sorry forgot to mention that ALL sound must be going through the headphones / headset, not just the chat - is this possible?

Does your tv not have a headphone socket?

Original Poster

My TV does, but i will be using the headset when i have my PS3 plugged into my HP 21" PC monitor via HDMI when my g/f is watching TV, and my monitor does NOT have a headphone socket, hence the need for direct connection to my PS3

Banned

Plug in a composite cable (Yellow, red, white) then a composite female to female cable, then one of these:
    cablewholesale.com/pro…jpg

Then you should be ready to go.

Original Poster

Jsameds;7528670

Plug in a composite cable (Yellow, red, white) then a composite female to … Plug in a composite cable (Yellow, red, white) then a composite female to female cable, then one of these:http://www.cablewholesale.com/prodimages/30s1-01260.jpgThen you should be ready to go.

Good shout! :thumbsup:

Will it still output video over HDMI if i have the composite cable plugged in for the headphones (in the multiout port)?

amazon.co.uk/Sha…8-2

Headset - Surround Sound + Mic / Optical Cable plugs straight into the back of your PS3.

I got a set and they are awsome for FPS, especially COD can hear where people are coming a mile off.

Must say abit pricey new though...but for me it was well worth the buy as im abit of a nerd when it comes to gaming.

EDIT: Basically you can buy any headset that has an Optical Cable Cabability , Just plugs straight in the back of the PS3.

Banned

neenyrules;7528760

Good shout! :thumbsup:Will it still output video over HDMI if i have the … Good shout! :thumbsup:Will it still output video over HDMI if i have the composite cable plugged in for the headphones (in the multiout port)?

Yeah just change your Audio Output settings.

Original Poster

MrGibbs;7530968

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sharkoon-4044951008681-Digital-Headset/dp/B001L2WMAW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1263400096&sr=8-2Headset - Surround Sound + Mic / Optical Cable plugs straight into the back of your PS3.I got a set and they are awsome for FPS, especially COD can hear where people are coming a mile off.Must say abit pricey new though...but for me it was well worth the buy as im abit of a nerd when it comes to gaming.EDIT: Basically you can buy any headset that has an Optical Cable Cabability , Just plugs straight in the back of the PS3.

:shock: whoa! they are expensive, i must admit i was looking at a much cheaper solution just so i can play COD while the missus watches TV!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1723
      2. Free Sky Sports Day Pass if anyone wants it11
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News99
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?33199

See more discussions