PS3 Help!

Hey, Im gonna buy a PS3 next month and I really want one of these white ones but they are only available in Asia.

Ive found one but I have a few questions if anyone has imported before.

gadget-asia.com/ind…k=1

Now the first thing that gets me there is the price, Too good to be true. Am I going to get stung bringing it into the country?

The other thing that worries me is if the console dashboard is going to be in Japanese or if it wont work on a UK 240V power supply.

Any help appreiciated, thanks

12 Comments

Banned

Red looks sexiest http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc288/gustaranks1313/ps3red.jpg

Original Poster

Wow! Didnt know there was one.. And I was struggling between white and silver lol

Banned

they have some very good reviews m8 ciao.co.uk/gad…625

Original Poster

I never really trusted tose review sites but that one does put my mind at rest somewhat.

Now just to find to find if the menus are jap and if it'll run on standard uk supply..

Original Poster

srry for double post, I just thought. Im not going to be using HDMI, I use SCART so will it work on the TV? I think Japan use NTSC-J signal dont they?

Banned

never really thought about it, but why dont they sell white and silver here anyway?

Original Poster

They sell for about £185 in Japan, I dont mind paying £235, they're trying to make a profit after all. There no need for £280~ though really.

gosh yr right! £177.40 for a PS3! amazon.co.jp/%E3…8-1 the Japan RRP is £235 w MGS4 and Dualshck 3, maybe less without a game, if you are buying a white PS3 from gadget asia, don't forget you'll most probably be hit with a Fedex shipping tax of easily over £25

Original Poster

ntsc-uk.domino.org/sho…748

Scared me that one. Apparantly some people have been hit with £100+ tax. I beginning to think its not worth the risk.

Original Poster

For anyone whos following, Ive just found out that as long as the TV supports 60Hz and RGB-SCART then you play import consoles
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2640
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions