Groups

PS3 help

hi can anyone help me. my nephew has a slim ps3 i think its 80gb, its only about 16months old and its not working, we have tried a new component cable and new hdmi cables but when connected to the tv nothing happens, the green light stil comes on on the ps3, does anyone know what this could be and how much it could cost to fix, thanks.

10 Comments

Banned

I assume other devices work through hdmi slot

Power on PS3 via power button and HOLD IT for 5 seconds (release after the second beep). It should automatically configure your PS3 to the TV's native resolution for all settings.

Original Poster

im not sure if he has anything else with hdmi, he does have an xbox but not sure how he connects that i will pass on the info to him when hes up see if it works, thanks for the help.
    Edited by: "pink-ka" 11th Jun 2011

If it's a slim, it will probably be a 120GB(not that it makes any difference).

Has the PS3 been moved from one TV to another?
    DO you have the composite cable that the PS3 came with?

Original Poster

thesaint

If it's a slim, it will probably be a 120GB(not that it makes any … If it's a slim, it will probably be a 120GB(not that it makes any difference).Has the PS3 been moved from one TV to another?DO you have the composite cable that the PS3 came with?

he has moved the ps3 when he stays at my house he brings it with him, is the composite cable the one with the coloured ends on? if so he broke that so was using a HDMI then after a week or so couldnt get a picture with that so i bought him a new cable off ebay the one with the coloured ends and tried it yesterday with no joy.

pink-ka

he has moved the ps3 when he stays at my house he brings it with him, is … he has moved the ps3 when he stays at my house he brings it with him, is the composite cable the one with the coloured ends on? if so he broke that so was using a HDMI then after a week or so couldnt get a picture with that so i bought him a new cable off ebay the one with the coloured ends and tried it yesterday with no joy.

In that case, resetting it like csiman said should sort it.

Original Poster

thanks hope it works, when you press the button and hold it in is that all you have to do or is there certain settings you have to change once its done that.

happened to me, had to reset the ps3 and everything worked,

i know it's obvious, but make sure u are not using the coloured cables and the HDMI cables at the same time.

^ that shouldn't make a difference, I've had both plugged into mine with no problems

Original Poster

thanks for the help it has done the job and now works.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047156
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1932
      3. Cat Chat77736
      4. Fifa 18 web app Now active.44

See more discussions