Groups

PS3 media streaming advice needed please

Morning homies

I could do with some advice. I want to stream movies, music, photos etc to my PS3 from my computer (XP media centre) wirelessly

I am aware of 3 things to do this, Media player, tversity and PS3 media server

Can anyone recommend one thats any better than the others? Any help would be REALLY appreciated!

Thanks!

9 Comments

I use PS3 media server, it does all I want so I've never tried anything else.

Original Poster

Ok - will give that a go. Thanks JTX

tversity every time for me

gizmat

tversity every time for me

PS3 media server for me every time.....

I'd recommend ps3 media server, it can convert and format and stream it can also stream sub titles if you have the file in the movie folder.
    Also ps3 media sever requires no further set up after instalation.

Tversity is quite unstable and some times struggles with large files, but also you need to take in to account that if you using large amounts of bandwidth via downloading while trying to stream it will effect the stream.

Ps3 media server for me too.

BTW - Any way to wirelessly copy files from stock ps3 to pc?

Johnboy_1975

Ps3 media server for me too. BTW - Any way to wirelessly copy files from … Ps3 media server for me too. BTW - Any way to wirelessly copy files from stock ps3 to pc?

no

ps3 media server ftw, does everything even streams 720p / mkv files over! :P

Original Poster

Thanks guys! - Think we got a real majority vote there!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?27105
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …1730
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2337
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1528

See more discussions