Groups

PS3 noob help please? :)

Which is better sixaxis or Dualshock 3?

Phat or slim?

Thanks

12 Comments

Dualshock 3 as it rumbles.....and slim as they are more reliable.

slim uses less electricity and has built in power supply (takes less space up) and from what i know are more reliable (less prone to lyod)

as above dualshock 3 is same as sixaxis but rumbles

I know this is pedantic but the old plain sixaxis and dualshock 3 controllers are different other than the fact that dualshock rumbles.

The dualshock 3 has a lot more weight to it and is more solid. It took a while getting used to it for certain games like fight night 4 as I was used to the lighter controller.

Also this is just theory but I think the dualshock 3 needs charging more often.

Original Poster

Cheers everyone is the slim worth £67 more?

Thanks

Which is better sixaxis or Dualshock 3?

The new ones are both of these which has been out since the intro of ps3 slim i think, imo if you are going to get an old pad get the rumble DS3 as the sixaxses is usless and without the rumble, it would feel cheap and like your on a ps1

Phat or slim?

phat ps3 are more common with problems such as ylod, so i would avoid them and go for the slim

Original Poster

Finally - how much for a 160GB phat one please? What's a good price

winifer

slim uses less electricity and has built in power supply (takes less … slim uses less electricity and has built in power supply (takes less space up) and from what i know are more reliable (less prone to lyod)as above dualshock 3 is same as sixaxis but rumbles

Every PS3 has built in power supply.

PaulNT

Every PS3 has built in power supply.

Fairs i was informed the older ps3s weren't inbuilt, i stand mistaken

Original Poster

What's a good price for a 160GB phat with 6month warranty - and cheers everyone! If I could rep you all, i would!

£140/150 because I am sure they were on offer with tesco recently, maybe even cheaper I guess, but I would say that is a good ish price.

On the controllers I prefer the not dualshock, but that is personal preference, the rumble annoys me!

asayer

On the controllers I prefer the not dualshock, but that is personal … On the controllers I prefer the not dualshock, but that is personal preference, the rumble annoys me!

Turn it off.

Original Poster

Everyone agree with asayers price?

Ps, thanks asayer
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians812
      2. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?710
      3. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery1319
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671414

See more discussions