Groups

PS3 Not Playing Videos via USB

I was just watching a film when it stopped playing, and it didn't register the USB stick.

I've checked on my laptop and the USB stick is fine. I've now plugged the USB stick back into my PS3 and it will read the stick for a few seconds before not showing it.

It can't be an anti-piracy thing as it's not connected to the internet. Any ideas? I've tried it in both USB ports...

5 Comments

Have you tried a different film? Easy way to find out if it's the film at fault or the PS3.
    Then if its the film, either try downloading another copy or buy it on DVD

Original Poster

Just tried my external hard drive, and it's exactly the same. Seems to be the PS3...

I can't understand why it would just suddenly go...

Banned

try copying it to the ps3

then if it fails, copy from pc to usb again as may be a checksum failure

Original Poster

Solved it... i think.

After a googling about faulty USB ports, I think I've found that sometimes they don't get enough power. I was charging a controller at the same time with some fancy cable that lights up etc. As soon as I unplug that, everything works... (apart from my uncharged controller). Maybe a design fault/me overloading the usb ports?!

emhaslam

Solved it... i think.After a googling about faulty USB ports, I think … Solved it... i think.After a googling about faulty USB ports, I think I've found that sometimes they don't get enough power. I was charging a controller at the same time with some fancy cable that lights up etc. As soon as I unplug that, everything works... (apart from my uncharged controller). Maybe a design fault/me overloading the usb ports?!

Good to know what it was - thanks for updating thread and sharing info
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1212
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …90153
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30115
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764501

See more discussions