Found 14th Dec 2010
My friends PS3 has stopped reading disks! He recently done the latest update and that hasn't made i difference. Anyone got any ideas if it's a software fault or is it the blu-rey drive? Thanks

PS3 was fine. Just needed a factory reset!

10 Comments

Blu-ray drive. £100 replacement from sony.

Original Poster

Would they come out and repair it? Or does he need to send it off? Thanks

SuperEd

yep blu ray drive knackered

Original Poster

Just been looking on google, some people have said if you do a full restore it may work again? The PS3 is just over a year old so no guarantee. I have had my PS3 for 2 years now and thats been running perfect. Just didn't think a blu-ray drives could go so fast?

Game over man, game over!!!

SuperEd

Lammy118

Just been looking on google, some people have said if you do a full … Just been looking on google, some people have said if you do a full restore it may work again? The PS3 is just over a year old so no guarantee. I have had my PS3 for 2 years now and thats been running perfect. Just didn't think a blu-ray drives could go so fast?

if its just over a year old ring sony and explain, they might let you exchange it for free ,tell them you always buy sony products etc (_;)

Send it to Sony .For £131 they collect your old one and deliver a reconditioned model [like for like ]at the same time and give you a 3 months warranty .I got a fat 40GB model given as it would'nt read disks so I paid the money and got a perfect exchange model delivered the next day .They must recondition them and put it all in a new plastic casing as there is not a mark on it .

Original Poster

Ok, thanks for all the answers we'll try restoring it and if that doesn't work we'll have to send it back to sony! Thanks

I read on here about a month ago, that some sort of restore repairs it's self. copying over files so that it works properly.
there was a link to the playstation site which showed you how to do it.
I'm much help I know, but I'd try that first before paying out!

thing is though you wont be sending it back to sony, the ps3 will be swapped out, meaning any saves and data on it will have to be transfered onto a usb before they get swapped, courier comes picks up your ps3 and hands you the new one.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would35140
    2. Leicester sack their manager!45
    3. Missing the old HUKD for sale area.66
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769208

See more discussions