Groups

PS3 or Xbox

What should I buy - Xbox or PS3????

19 Comments

Let the games begin.

What do you want to do?
    What do you like about what you've heard about them?

Do you mean a 360?

And in the red corner.....

Banned

Xbox represents good value for money. Can usually be picked up second hand for a tenner. Just softmod it and install XBMC with games emulators etc. Only problem is it isn't in HD.

PS3 on the other hand is expensive compared to the Xbox but has all the latest games, they stopped making them a few years ago for Xbox. It's HD and also has a Blu-Ray player.

puss 3

Xbox...360

PS3 all the way

Easy enough...
    Which exclusives do you want to play?
    With respect to online gaming, what do the majority of your friends own?

I have a 360, but the PS3 would also be a great choice.

I have had both consoles and it all depends on your budget and what you want it to do.
    Both are great for games, PS3 has the added bonus of being HD and blu-ray player.
    Yes it is more expensive but has slightly more uses.

Needless to say I have sold my xbox ;-)

All comes down to budget and what u want to get out of it at the end of the day

I have both but would say ps3 all the way.

just buy both, take them home play on them both then take the 1 you like least back simples :thumbsup:

I have a PS3 250gb and sold my XBOX360 but if buying tomorrow would get the new XBOX 360 slim.

Second hand games generally cheaper and more out there,
    better pad layout and hold position,
    cheaper to buy (does include blu ray but IMO get a seperate BR player)
    now includes wi-fi a major flaw of original

scooterb69;8961205

Both are great for games, PS3 has the added bonus of being HD and blu-ray … Both are great for games, PS3 has the added bonus of being HD and blu-ray player.

Most games are sub-720p upscaled on both formats :whistling:
    I agree that BR is a nice addition if you think you'll use it.

Do all games for the Xbox 360 support high definition?A. Yes, all games … Do all games for the Xbox 360 support high definition?A. Yes, all games that are genuine Xbox 360 titles must support at least 720p

Banned

spamming daily duplicate........

MS changed the 720p rule years ago.

If you're curious to know what resolution your PS3/360 games really are then have a read
    forum.beyond3d.com/sho…241

Xbox 360 SLIM fo sure!

They're not comparable, each does enough different stuff to the other. Two options:

1) Buy both, as mentioned before

2) Decide exactly what you want it for, then let's all chat a bit more.

If you just want a games machine, buy an Xbox - it's a bit cheaper, a bit less of a media machine, and although the online play (Xbox Live) subscription costs you each year, it tends to be a little less temperamental.

If you fancy a blu-ray player, something which handles electronic media slightly better, and has iPlayer, buy a PS3.

Snes?

Both.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4972455
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27148
      3. word association Game72944197
      4. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!811

See more discussions