Groups

PS3 people...

right, got a ps3 for xmas, is it worth getting play station plus? i know you get free/cheaper downloads on games etc but what else do you get and is it worth paying for?

12 Comments

They're free for as long as you are subscribed to Playstation Plus.

When your sub runs out, so does your access to the games.

Original Poster

freeDUMB

They're free for as long as you are subscribed to Playstation Plus.When … They're free for as long as you are subscribed to Playstation Plus.When your sub runs out, so does your access to the games.

so are you saying, once you have brought the games, if your subscription to Playstation Plus runs out, you cant play the games? Because that makes no sense to even get PP if it does that, as once you've downloaded it, its on your hard drive?

danny09

so are you saying, once you have brought the games, if your subscription … so are you saying, once you have brought the games, if your subscription to Playstation Plus runs out, you cant play the games? Because that makes no sense to even get PP if it does that, as once you've downloaded it, its on your hard drive?

No. When you subscribe to psn+ you get a few games for free every like month, when it runs out they go away...the ones you buy stay

Original Poster

JaYy_dOg

No. When you subscribe to psn+ you get a few games for free every like … No. When you subscribe to psn+ you get a few games for free every like month, when it runs out they go away...the ones you buy stay

Yeah, but when you download something, it is still downloaded to the hard drive so how do they go away as they aren't able to delete it unless the user physically deletes it?

So for instance the latest free game is Cuboid. You can download it and play it to your hearts content. But it will become unplayable when the sub runs out.

Though if you don't renew, and sub to Plus again in let's say a year, you should be able to play Cuboid still.

It has an expiry date on it. Not sure if it physically goes away, as I'm subscribed.

Edit: Apparently it stays on your console, but upon launching it prompts you to renew your license (Plus sub).
    Edited by: "freeDUMB" 3rd Jan 2011

Original Poster

freeDUMB

So for instance the latest free game is Cuboid. You can download it and … So for instance the latest free game is Cuboid. You can download it and play it to your hearts content. But it will become unplayable when the sub runs out.Though if you don't renew, and sub to Plus again in let's say a year, you should be able to play Cuboid still.It has an expiry date on it. Not sure if it physically goes away, as I'm subscribed. Edit: Apparently it stays on your console, but upon launching it prompts you to renew your license (Plus sub).

Ah nice one, cheers mate

I'd reccommend getting it whilst the December content is on there, ie before 5th Jan

January's offerings look quite poor, December was awesome. Plus you get 15 months for the price of 12

hotukdeals.com/dea…263

^^ Getting very chilly so the HUKD consensus is "don't bother". Personally I'm 3 weeks into a 15 month subscription and have nearly made my money back already.
    Edited by: "Johnboy_1975" 3rd Jan 2011

Don't get it.

I'd say it depends entirely on how much you time you spend playing games, because to be honest if you don't 'keep up' with the games that you get you're not really ever going to truly get your money's worth. I don't use my PS3 enough to warrant a subscription personally, plus I don't particularly see getting games for free that I wouldn't ordinarily purchase a saving. But providing you do play it enough to use the content, it is good value for money in the long run.

Before you do anything...

add: Met-Cast

I have plus and it has its ups and downs, some months are great and other months are dire, but i have made my money back all ready with the things i have downloaded that i wanted but didnt buy.

but there is also alot of content on the plus subscription that i had already bought that came as part of the monthly downloads and so that was pretty crud.

if this is your first time on the ps3 and you dont have many psn games then id say now was a good a time as any to join the plus sub, if you get it today or tomorrow then you will have december content aswell as january content (Due on wednesday)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions