Groups

PS3 play high definition media from external HD?

Hi,

I have tried playing high definition video from DVD's in the PS3 which works fine.

I was wondering if it would also work from an external hard drive plugged into the PS3, or a USB memory stick?

4 Comments

Yes of course it can.

Banned

yes just plug in the external hdd and hit triangle on it and you should be able to select what media you want via XMB

or set up media sharing " stream it over also "

Original Poster

Ok thanks! I was almost certain it would work fine, but wanted to be 100% before buying an external HD or USB stick.

I tried streaming, it worked fine apart from HD (choppy playback)

Banned

gaz4;7640812

Ok thanks! I was almost certain it would work fine, but wanted to be 100% … Ok thanks! I was almost certain it would work fine, but wanted to be 100% before buying an external HD or USB stick. I tried streaming, it worked fine apart from HD (choppy playback)

Streaming hd stuff isnt the best, I use my ext HDD all the time on the ps3 Works fine Theres no loss in Quality either on playback.:)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1444
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1427
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767106
      4. word association Game73744435

See more discussions