Groups

PS3 PS HOME ?

If you have a PS3 and internet then you probably got PS Home by now.

I would like to know what people think about the PS Home?

I had a go over the weekend and I have to say that so far is looking quite nice.

It's a kind of SIMS online game.

You start by creating your character and then you start the game in a nice apartment in which you can see the sea.

It's a bit annoying that you have to keep installing things. Once you get out of the flat you have to download/install the Main Hall or whatever is called.

In the Main hall you find all the people hanging out. You can talk to them, and I believe the purpose is to find people and then invite them to play games with you from there.

I tried yesterday with a friend to try to talk to each other but somehow the "Start Call" did not work. Also I notice that there are different Main halls, My friend was telling me that he was in fron of the Bowling but I could not see him, it was not until I invite him that he came into the same Main Hall as me.

I think is a nice start and the graphics are pretty good.

I will have to give it a go again to see what else you can do. I believe you can play bowlings, pool, etc, but again you have to download/install each place that you going into.

15 Comments

I've not had an invite to the closed beta version yet. I believe the open beta is days away, so perhaps then - this 40+ sad female will get a chance to see what all the fuss is about!!!

Home is free when it comes out right?

Abvance;3643811

Home is free when it comes out right?

Yup.

I thought it was pretty good. Had a wonder round, and played some pool. I thought it was different, but a tad geeky. Found if you 'download in background' when you try to get into the mall or bowling alley, then have a wander around, then after a few mins it'll have finished downloading and you can go back.

Graphics were pretty cool, and I can see it will build a big community but after a while I had an urge to shoot someone so put on GTA4!

i got a beta invite... are they transferable cos i aint got a PS3 lol

djstrobe4real;3644172

i got a beta invite... are they transferable cos i aint got a PS3 lol

I think the code will have expired on 1st December....

hodsey77;3644255

I think the code will have expired on 1st December....

Fair enough... thanks for lettin me know, i can finally delete the email lol

djstrobe4real;3644363

Fair enough... thanks for lettin me know, i can finally delete the email … Fair enough... thanks for lettin me know, i can finally delete the email lol

Just double-check - it says in the email :thumbsup:

I got a spare invite to one of my PSN Accounts and it Expired 1st Dec! I'm already in the beta but I would have given the key aways otherwise

If anyone does have a spare key I would be delighted to receive it (fingers crossed)

scotsann;3646185

If anyone does have a spare key I would be delighted to receive it … If anyone does have a spare key I would be delighted to receive it (fingers crossed)

It expired on 1st Dec as stated on the above posts!

Original Poster

A friend of mine is in the same boat as some of you, he did not get any key or email. I thought it was sent to everyone that has a account on the PS3 online.

My guess is that once the beta closes then everyone should be able to get it. Hopefully they won't charge for it.

Another thing that I noticed is that when I got to the Main Hall the people were invisible for quite some time. I wonder whether this is to do with bandwidth issues.

I think if they made it available to everyone at the moment there would be huge bandwidth issues. Some kind of roll out may be a wise move.

I only bought my PS3 as I wanted a cheap(er) way of watching Blu-Ray movies. There are no children in our house, just two 40+ adults, but I have to say I am loving the PS3. One of the best things I have ever purchased, and Blu-Ray is just the icing on the cake. Home, though would be the wee cherry!!!

Original Poster

scotsann;3648755

I think if they made it available to everyone at the moment there would … I think if they made it available to everyone at the moment there would be huge bandwidth issues. Some kind of roll out may be a wise move. I only bought my PS3 as I wanted a cheap(er) way of watching Blu-Ray movies. There are no children in our house, just two 40+ adults, but I have to say I am loving the PS3. One of the best things I have ever purchased, and Blu-Ray is just the icing on the cake. Home, though would be the wee cherry!!!

Well as much as I like the PS3 because of the blu ray and so, I don't really use it as much as I probably should. I use the XBOX 360 a lot more, maybe is because of the type of games I like which are RPG (Mass Effect, Fable II, etc)

Nevertheless I am reluctant to pay the XBOX Live fee and two of my friends have PS3 so playing online for free is a very good bonus. We've been trying GTAIV, GT5 and now PS Home and is quite fun.

I did use the Blu ray player a lot when I just bought the PS3 8 months ago because I had a free trial with Love Film for 60 days. I think I managed to watch almost 25 movies during the free trial.

I can't complaint regarding my PS3 is a very nice item and I am very glad that I have got it.

Its basically an online version of the sims 2. Except there is only a handful of clothes to wear, the character creation is a lot more complicated, and theres nowhere to go.
    Like everything else ps3, it has huge potential, but its not there yet.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?88
      2. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831126
      3. *Heads Up* Free Wrestling on Sunday 10pm YouTube, Facebook and WWE.com. Sum…11
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?27127

See more discussions