Found 7th Apr 2010
hi everyone im getting a new ps3 and i wanna no how i get my save data of my old one on to my new one?

any help will be great

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

Banned

use a usb stick

go to save data utility on the ps3 menu and copy the save games over,

best to do full back up to an external hdd as it backs up everything including locked game saves that you cannot copy on to a usb stick

but you will have to re download any purchased stuff of the psn again though as that doesnt copy over.

Im sure in the new firmware there is an option to link the 2 with an ethernet cable and spool the data across. You always have the backup to flash drive option but i think that youll need a pretty large drive (possibly external HDD may be the route to go?) if you have loads of data on it.

Banned

Squelds;8304364

Im sure in the new firmware there is an option to link the 2 with an … Im sure in the new firmware there is an option to link the 2 with an ethernet cable and spool the data across. You always have the backup to flash drive option but i think that youll need a pretty large drive (possibly external HDD may be the route to go?) if you have loads of data on it.

requires two ps3's to do that.

Thats how i read it... hes getting a new one but wants to get the data off his old one ?

Original Poster

Squelds;8304373

Thats how i read it... hes getting a new one but wants to get the data … Thats how i read it... hes getting a new one but wants to get the data off his old one ?

yeah thats correct i would have 2 at some point but whats easiest?

only really play cod and pes so just want my save data from that mainly so not to much data

whats easiest?

cheers so far guys

Banned

your online cod data is saved on servers

for single player and your pes just a simple copy onto a usb stick and thats it copy onto new ps3

USB stick is gonna be the easist most probs. Only a small amount of data then i presume so not any major hastle.

I backed up one of mine the other week and it had over 100gigs worth of stuff on it. Couldnt be assed to USB stick the data across so linked the two together. Was easier for large amounts as ive only got a 16gig stick and no external hdds.

Original Poster

dj_urban;8304399

your online cod data is saved on servers for single player and your pes … your online cod data is saved on servers for single player and your pes just a simple copy onto a usb stick and thats it copy onto new ps3

yeah so when i sign in it will get all my data for online gaming?

Banned

dutch_courage;8304418

yeah so when i sign in it will get all my data for online gaming?

yes

Original Poster

thanks guys rep for you both
thank you

Be warned that not all savedata can be transfered to a USB external device, unless you're doing a complete backup.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247667
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769606
    3. Add one, leave one game54415467
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522885

See more discussions