Groups

PS3 question

what cable do i need for wired connection (for some reason its not connection to my wireless router ) do i need RJ11 or RJ45 ? or something else ? thank you

12 Comments

rj45 standard ethernet cable

what router do you have btw?

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;8565863

rj45 standard ethernet cablewhat router do you have btw?

belkin, oki thank you

Jeffry24;8565896

belkin, oki thank you

have you tried disabling Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) on your router? I have a belkin router which my ps3 wont connect to unless I disable WPS.

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;8566237

have you tried disabling Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) on your router? I … have you tried disabling Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) on your router? I have a belkin router which my ps3 wont connect to unless I disable WPS.

how do u do that ?

Original Poster

when i scan for wifi on ps3 it will not see it ? when last week it did just would not connect to it ?

browse to this link
    Then find wps under wireless in the left hand side.

But if your ps3 cant even see your router then you might have some other problem with the wi-fi.

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;8566307

browse to this linkhttp://192.168.2.1Then find wps under wireless in the … browse to this linkhttp://192.168.2.1Then find wps under wireless in the left hand side.But if your ps3 cant even see your router then you might have some other problem with the wi-fi.

i did see it last week when i tryed ?

Original Poster

alright so in WLAN Settings
    i see wps and its enabled how do i disabled ? it say u will need to log in before making any changes ?

just log in.
    if you havent set up a password, then dont put one in when it asks for one.

then go to the wps settings and change it to disabled.

Original Poster

will it still be secured ?

Jeffry24;8566464

will it still be secured ?

yeh its just a feature to make it easier to connect devices together if they also feature wps. but it doesnt always work so its not needed.

Original Poster

when im scaning for wifi on ps3 it say the access point was not detected ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767344
      2. word association Game73944514
      3. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2238
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1125

See more discussions