Groups

ps3 red flashing light

HI all looking for some help. I was playiing modern warfare 2 last night on my PS3 40gb model fat. Then it just made a few bleeping noises and shut down and know it wont start just trys to start make a few bleeps and then the flashing red light. Also it wont let me eject my disc.

any ideas or help please

10 Comments

Banned

try youtube remedies first then pay for repair

bye bye ps3 im sorry to say!!!

Original Poster

not a happy chappy

Red flashing light and shut down usually happens when overheating (it used to happen to my old 60gb).

You can try and get the disc out by powering the machine off so its not in standby mode. Hold the eject button in while its still powered off and then turn the machine on at the back while still holding the eject button. This is hit or miss for some people but worth a try.

Bad Luck buddy

This sounds like the Yellow Light of Death (YLOD)

There are several fixes available to view on YouTube, if you dare try it yourself

Alternatively, try someone like Console Doctor, who can repair it at a price and give you a warranty on their work. I had my day of release 60Gb machine fixed by them, but expect any fix to only be temporary!

Bad news is that if they can't repair it, you have probably lost all of your Save Data so if they do repair it, make sure you copy your data asap so you can at least transfer it to the next one you buy

Original Poster

thanks all for the info ive been quoted £45 to fix it but ive notices they only gurantee the work for 1 month which doesnt sound good

Original Poster

FaithNoMore;8703965

Red flashing light and shut down usually happens when overheating (it … Red flashing light and shut down usually happens when overheating (it used to happen to my old 60gb).You can try and get the disc out by powering the machine off so its not in standby mode. Hold the eject button in while its still powered off and then turn the machine on at the back while still holding the eject button. This is hit or miss for some people but worth a try.

This worked thanks very much at least it hasnt eaten £40 worth of game and the fans really have a good blow

thanks

daieye;8704801

This worked thanks very much at least it hasnt eaten £40 worth of game … This worked thanks very much at least it hasnt eaten £40 worth of game and the fans really have a good blowthanks

Glad to have helped.

The question now is can you afford to part exchange your 40GB for a new PS3? The reason I ask is that you can use the hairdryer trick (Google it) to get the PS3 back up and running. This usually only works short term though. The benefit of doing this is that you can get it working while keeping the warranty seal intact and get down to Game/Gamestation/HMV/Blockbuster, etc and trade it in against another model. They will check that it has its warranty seal intact and see that the machine is working. The hairdryer trick usually gets its working long enough to backup your game saves and let them see the machine appears to be fine.

FaithNoMore;8705041

Glad to have helped.The question now is can you afford to part exchange … Glad to have helped.The question now is can you afford to part exchange your 40GB for a new PS3? The reason I ask is that you can use the hairdryer trick (Google it) to get the PS3 back up and running. This usually only works short term though. The benefit of doing this is that you can get it working while keeping the warranty seal intact and get down to Game/Gamestation/HMV/Blockbuster, etc and trade it in against another model. They will check that it has its warranty seal intact and see that the machine is working. The hairdryer trick usually gets its working long enough to backup your game saves and let them see the machine appears to be fine.

I am amazed that gamestation and the like offer 12 month warranties on used consoles..........

Original Poster

i will google this and see if i can get it to work
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …83141
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2125

See more discussions