Groups

PS3 repair Help

my 40gb ps3 broke down its got yellow light of death its also out of warranty so i not going to pay £131 to sony they can forget that i just need help find good repair site for ps3 so can anyone recommend me good website to repair ps3

7 Comments

There's a guy on Youtube with a good guide on self repairing, i think you just need some thermal paste and a heat gun... and obviously some screwdrivers.

It will cost about £60 on average.
    You will only get a few months guarantee at best if they manage to get it working again.

DIY for about a quarter of the price.

I used consolewerks. First repair lasted a day, second repair lasted two days. After posatge it cost me £100 & I ended up ebaying a dead console anyway.
    If I was you, I'd sell it on ebay. Then buy a new bundle & sell the extras to bring the cost down.

console doctor

How far out of warranty is it. My sons was out of warranty by a few months I just said I wasn't 100% sure when I bought it and they offered a straight swap for a refurb one.

Original Poster

no they ask for warranty i tried to phone sony and to say i cant remember when i purchase thing is even you even say its in warranty they still ask for receipt

I was obviously just lucky or maybe they have got tougher as that was last year.

express15

no they ask for warranty i tried to phone sony and to say i cant remember … no they ask for warranty i tried to phone sony and to say i cant remember when i purchase thing is even you even say its in warranty they still ask for receipt

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Walker crisps11
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767532
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563843
      4. One thing you've forgotten2125

See more discussions