Groups

PS3 Slim

Heard this has been announced for the first week in September. Wonder who will put the first pre order out?

29 Comments

Wonder if anyone will buy one. I mean the PS3 is ugly enough as it is, but the slim version... lol

Original Poster

why is this expired

nah mate, the slim is FUGLY. i prefer my 80gig ps3 and my tacky cream cheap lookin 360

Banned

waiting for the microsoft 1TB hard drive announcement

and a price increase

What does everyone reckon to the price of £250 which is being touted around? I was hoping it would be closer to £200.:|

chrisst170;6051714

What does everyone reckon to the price of £250 which is being touted … What does everyone reckon to the price of £250 which is being touted around? I was hoping it would be closer to £200.:|

Will probably be more than £250.
    Perhaps as much as £270.

£249.99 according to the bbc

Banned

deathtrap3000;6051743

Will probably be more than £250.Perhaps as much as £270.

no chance......you fancy betting your left testicle on it.....im already in a bet for a right testicle.... want to complete the set:thumbsup:

casparwhite;6051825

no chance......you fancy betting your left testicle on it.....im already … no chance......you fancy betting your left testicle on it.....im already in a bet for a right testicle.... want to complete the set:thumbsup:

lol

can you bet a japs-eye?
    might be hard to take, and hard to determine the start and finish of it, but im game for that...

Banned

dantheman3989;6051844

lolcan you bet a japs-eye?might be hard to take, and hard to determine … lolcan you bet a japs-eye?might be hard to take, and hard to determine the start and finish of it, but im game for that...

any pics?

Banned

ADZ1478;6051897

any pics?

in the other thread

hotukdeals.com/for…779

Original Poster

just managed to pre order myself the slim. apparently out on 4th september

Banned

ateague619;6052204

just managed to pre order myself the slim. apparently out on 4th september

bit keen i would wait till retailers get em in storees and start doing bundles:)

Slim is fugly, i'll stick to my 60gb

Original Poster

will cancel if there are any better deals, just wanted to get in quick

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/08/ps3-slim-comparison-1.jpg

Two of the ugliest designs in the history of consoles.

The new one is even deeper than the old one so if your console just fits in, this new one will stick out.

yeah and 360 is soooo beautiful...

Abvance;6052276

Why do people keep bringing up the 360...

Banned

Abvance;6052276

wheres the 360 slim?

casparwhite;6052293

wheres the 360 slim?

i think microsoft are still trying to make a working 360 before they make a slim one.

Supermod

Slim or fat. Does it really matter?! Certainly isnt worth arguing over.

They have also removed the ability to install linux on these ones.

omg man its really true, the ps3 slim... the slim version looks really cheaply made.. they have to cut the cost somewhere. Think i will stick to my 80gb version considering there are no changes.

i am sure the power consumption difference isn't gonna be massive in the long run.

Banned

Kirajai;6052860

omg man its really true, the ps3 slim... the slim version looks really … omg man its really true, the ps3 slim... the slim version looks really cheaply made.. they have to cut the cost somewhere. Think i will stick to my 80gb version considering there are no changes. i am sure the power consumption difference isn't gonna be massive in the long run.

youd be suprised how much these things use tbh, the 60gb is the worst culprit and for co2
    have a look here, pretty interesting reading
    sust-it.net/ene…0gb

Original Poster

Anyone seen any price drops in the 80gb yet?

Hmmm, no bc, no Linux option, no thank you Sony! Still at least it's ugly enough not to look out of place next to my 360.

Banned

Some of the stupid arguments in this thread are just laughable. People who can't afford to buy a new slim PS3 so **** off it looks even though the original is no looker itself.

Oh, but there's no Linux install option - really not a big deal for 99% of users.

Fanboys:roll:

FilthAndFurry;6056087

Some of the stupid arguments in this thread are just laughable. People … Some of the stupid arguments in this thread are just laughable. People who can't afford to buy a new slim PS3 so **** off it looks even though the original is no looker itself.Oh, but there's no Linux install option - really not a big deal for 99% of users.Fanboys:roll:

They're all pretty legitimate arguments as far as I can see, and mostly made be PS3 owners by the looks of it, so hardly anti-Sony fanboys now are they.

I know it's a pretty subjective thing, but most folks seem to think it is pretty ugly - but then so is the 360, I mean really who thought it was a good idea to stick the HDD on the outside.......

Lack of Linux support, well I don't actually know a single PS3 owner who hasn't got Linux installed. Although I'm certain this isn't true across the board your 99% figure is way off the mark, I'd hire a new researcher if I were you - or did you just make up that figure?

For me the real kicker is that Sony refuse to re-introduce backwards compatibility, despite PS2 hardware being cheap as chips and despite the PS3 being more than capable of software emulation without that anyway. The only reason that they refuse to do it is to keep selling PS2's, and frankly I have enough boxes under my TV without having multiple Playstation's. Plus I love the excuse they give for it, "most consumers that are purchasing the PS3 cite PS3 games as a primary reason" (from eurogamer.net/art…lim)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay715
      2. Minecraft Xbox One S Leaked22
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?32166
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1329

See more discussions