Groups

ps3 slim vs phat

whats the difference? i know the 60gb phat can play ps2 games but what are the other differences?

12 Comments

The Phat can run Linux and as such emulators etc.

The original 60gb ps3 has:
    ps2 Backwards comp
    Linux capability
    4 usb ports
    card readers
    Extra weight
    Chrome
    Touch sensitivity buttons
    SACD playback

Slim:
    Slightly Quieter
    Lighter
    Smaller
    2 usb
    Less power draw, cooler (temp)

Original Poster

so would everyone say the phat is better? dads thinking of getting one thats all. will be used for gaming, possibly online gaming and maybe to watch the odd blu ray.

You cannot get an original ps3 for new anymore.

Original Poster

electriclinux;7178593

You cannot get an original ps3 for new anymore.

yeah i know but they pop up on fs/ft boards and he can always get a used one

donnaraine;7178613

yeah i know but they pop up on fs/ft boards and he can always get a used … yeah i know but they pop up on fs/ft boards and he can always get a used one

I would say if he plays ps2 games then yes. If not get a new slim with warranty.

Original Poster

electriclinux;7178664

I would say if he plays ps2 games then yes. If not get a new slim with … I would say if he plays ps2 games then yes. If not get a new slim with warranty.

he does have some ps2 games he hasnt played yet but he could always keep hold of the ps2 aswell as you dont get much for trade ins on them now.

thanks i will let him know what youve said

the PS3 slim also has TrueHD surround sound through bitstream over the hdmi

donnaraine;7178586

so would everyone say the phat is better? dads thinking of getting one … so would everyone say the phat is better? dads thinking of getting one thats all. will be used for gaming, possibly online gaming and maybe to watch the odd blu ray.

The phat isn't "better", you need to quantify the meaning of "better".

It depends what he wants. I think he'd be fine with a 2nd hand 80GB console for about £150.
    A new slim will knock him back about £240

most of the fatties dont play ps2 anyway, the slim is far better, its slimmer, quieter and not obselete

iNSOMANiAC;7179160

most of the fatties dont play ps2 anyway, the slim is far better, its … most of the fatties dont play ps2 anyway, the slim is far better, its slimmer, quieter and not obselete

My chunky ps3 would like a word with you, "Want to play shadow of the colossus"
    p.s obsolete not obselete.

You are correct , I was eating my tea and made a little faux pas. The fatty is obsolete.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do these 2 men have in common1014
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764216
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846168

See more discussions