PS/3 stolen :( - need to locate the serial number on the box? - I can't see anything but generic barcode references.... any ideas?

5 replies
Found 27th Jun 2009
It was supplied by The Link as part of a mobile phone promo, but I cant see anything that resembles a s/n on the box? Just a sticker that I has a few barcodes on that looks really generic.

I need to supply the police and my insurance company with these details, but I think I am screwed

If anyone has any ideas, this rather depressed member would be very grateful.

What am I gonna do now?... I can't believe there are bstaards like this out there.

5 Comments

Did you register it with Sony?

I can't believe there are bstaards like this out there.

Thiefs and burglars? Me neither.

Banned

serial number will only be on the ps3 although you wont need it to claim off the insurance. The police still have to issue you with a crime reference regardless of serial number(or is this a new method of reducing crime figures!)

Maybe The Link have a reference to the serial number in their database.

>What am I gonna do now?... I can't believe there are bstaards like this out there.

While it is awful things like this happen, it is one of lifes experiences we all go through.

It teaches you to perhaps not trust everybody, not to leave things "lying around", to lock your doors, windows, car etc when you leave them, and to make sure you are fully covered on insurance.

There are always people looking to nick things and it can only take seconds, so we all have to take responsibility for our own belongings.

Original Poster

they broke inthrough the front dooor with a screwdriver! - must've taken ages... broad daylight too.

need to invest in a covert camera indoors I think.

martinelsen;5612543

they broke inthrough the front dooor with a screwdriver! - must've taken … they broke inthrough the front dooor with a screwdriver! - must've taken ages... broad daylight too.need to invest in a covert camera indoors I think.

When we were broken into in january we just had to provide reciepts and serial numbers (to get therm on immobolise.com). We didnt have them all. just gave what we could.
Do you have a burglar alarm? was it turned on?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Parcels2go discount22
    2. Looking for advice on ESP8266 microcontroller project411
    3. Do I need fabric conditioner?1013
    4. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc56

See more discussions