Found 18th Sep 2010
it will play games for about 5 mins then it just switch it self off , any know whats wrong with it and is it easy to fix ? ty

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
17 Comments

Is it running hot after it has turned itself off?

Original Poster

yes it does

You tried with the casing off?

Original Poster

il give it a go

let me guess, about 12-14 months old, no warranty now either...

It's the Sony kill switch.

sell and buy a xbox

Amazing how Sony brought out the PS3 slim just as this all started getting really bad isn't it ?.

Edited by: "chelskii" 18th Sep 2010

Are you serious Chelskii? (You never played ET did you?)

Everything can break, they have sold millions of consoles, the brake rate is very low compared to any 360.

Banned

chelskii

Amazing how Sony brought out the PS3 slim just as this all started … Amazing how Sony brought out the PS3 slim just as this all started getting really bad isn't it ?.

in b4 the 360 fanboys appear offering no help at all zzzzz zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz zzzzzz

check the fan is operating and vents are dust free. I trust you stack it horizontally too.

csiman

in b4 the 360 fanboys appear offering no help at all zzzzz zzzzzzzz … in b4 the 360 fanboys appear offering no help at all zzzzz zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz zzzzzzcheck the fan is operating and vents are dust free. I trust you stack it horizontally too.

"DudeyGeeza" has the same opionion so why didn't you quote him ? and look at "csamual" comment both before mine (And at least mine is more to the point)
Seems like you are the fanboy trying to stir it here.

His already said he is going to try it with the casing off.

Bet after it shuts down it flashes a red light = BRLOD or just as it goes off it does a quick yellow light = Imminent YLOD so what help can you give ?, oh yer you can clean out the vent which of course you wouldn't have thought of doing after you have taken the casing off. LOL

my 60gb is still going strong (touch wood) and its over 3 years old.

Banned

chelskii

"DudeyGeeza" has the same opionion so why didn't you quote him ? and look … "DudeyGeeza" has the same opionion so why didn't you quote him ? and look at "csamual" comment both before mine (And at least mine is more to the point)Seems like you are the fanboy trying to stir it here.His already said he is going to try it with the casing off.Bet after it shuts down it flashes a red light = BRLOD or just as it goes off it does a quick yellow light = Imminent YLOD so what help can you give ?, oh yer you can clean out the vent which of course you wouldn't have thought of doing after you have taken the casing off. LOL

maybe cos you go on EVERY PS3 thread slating them. Quite pathetic really.

I forgive you for this childish behaviour as we all know you're still at school

you'll grow out of it when your balls finally drop

csiman

maybe cos you go on EVERY PS3 thread slating them. Quite pathetic … maybe cos you go on EVERY PS3 thread slating them. Quite pathetic really.I forgive you for this childish behaviour as we all know you're still at schoolyou'll grow out of it when your balls finally drop

Your still an fool even at your age, you talk some complete rubbish don't you, you don't see me in any PS3 deals (Oh actually 1 where I quoted on the price of a controller being to much).

You just may be getting mixed up with the words "DEALS" and the "MISC" section "DISCUSSIONS"

Or you may even be talking about the usual two fanboys posting on the 360 deals and me replying to them

Still at your age you are probably some senile old fart.

So go make yourself a tea put a blanket over your lap then go and read EVERY PS3 thread "where I am slating the PS3" and put the links up, just in case they are not really there you know as you are getting on sometimes the brain plays tricks on you....

Edited by: "chelskii" 19th Sep 2010

Banned

chelskii

Your still an fool even at your age, you talk some comple rubbish don't … Your still an fool even at your age, you talk some comple rubbish don't you, you don't see me in any PS3 deals (Oh actually 1 where I quoted on the price of a controller being to much).You just may be getting mixed up with the words "DEALS" and the "MISC" section "DISCUSSIONS"Or you may even be talking about the usual two fanboys posting on the 360 deals and me replying to themStill at your age you are probably some senile old fart.So go make yourself a tea put a blanket over your lap then go and read EVERY PS3 thread "where I am slating the PS3" and put the links up, just in case they are not really there you know as you are getting on sometimes the brain plays tricks on you....

seems you have the memory problems if you cant remember that you used to have fanboy wars on all the 360 / PS3 threads. Most long termers can recall it quite easily.

It was funny for a while but then got very very sad. Maybe your balls have finally dropped after all

csiman

seems you have the memory problems if you cant remember that you used to … seems you have the memory problems if you cant remember that you used to have fanboy wars on all the 360 / PS3 threads. Most long termers can recall it quite easily.It was funny for a while but then got very very sad. Maybe your balls have finally dropped after all

And you can't remember that you were also one of those fanboys in those threads always backing up the now banned NYPD or whatever his name was ?.

They wern't PS3 deals they were 99% 360 deals where he (and a couple of others) commented on just about every 360 deal there ever was and you backed him up (Think that is why he and a few others eventually got banned) you and the now second biggest fanboy sensmit (after Darkknight) probably got away with it because you didn't start the argument you just joined in once he/they started them.

That is also why you can't provide links where I have started in any PS3 deal where I am slating the PS3 because there isn't any, (or maybe you could possibly find one and if there was that would be a Saturday night drink post)

My PS3 will be 1 year old in November so I might sell it to you just before the guarantee runs out.:p

Edited by: "chelskii" 19th Sep 2010

Original Poster

I tried it with casting off and it didnt work but my boyfriend ( yep im a girl ) says its the fans that arnt working at all , so need new fans , riddle solved
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769408
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…47104
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604807
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322860

See more discussions