PS3 Super Slim very noisy

Found 31st Dec 2013
Had my new Super Slim now for a few days. Only played FIFA on it at the moment and everytime I first start playing a game on Ultimate Team, the fans begin to spin so fast it sounds like its a hairdryer and I can't actually hear my TV over it. It does stop and become quiet after I finish the first game but I'm certain it's not normal. Is there anything I can do or shall I just contact Amazon and get a replacement?

thanks in advance
Happy New Year

1. Misc
  2. PS3
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. PS3
15 Comments

Think it's just the way they are.....been a few threads on here now about how noisey they are

Original Poster

This is definitely not normal though mate. The fans are behaving like they are spinning as fast as they can and it really does sound like a hair dryer or a Hoover. My xbox and old PS3 were no where near as noisy as this one is. It is almost unbearable. Also, my friend who has just bought one doesn't experience this issue either.

Original Poster

At this very moment, my PlayStation is just at the home screen dashboard and its still making all this noise. It is so loud. I'm going to try and upload a YouTube vid to show you

Obvious answer is obvious.

I would send it back to Amazon then mate, all i know is the new ones are a lot noiser than the old ones

Turn off the Hoover I can't hear the ps3

Original Poster

ed1980

Turn off the Hoover I can't hear the ps3

Exactly

Cheap consoles cheap components.

Buy a decent surround sound system and crank it up!K!

Send it back. And pick up the Second Gen if possible. These 'newer' Slims have not rated highly at all.

Didnt you check side by side reviews on youtube? the super slim is NOISY AS HELL....

The slim is very quiet..the phat is noisy too.

OldEnglish

I would send it back to Amazon then mate, all i know is the new ones are … I would send it back to Amazon then mate, all i know is the new ones are a lot noiser than the old ones

No they are not, I've had all PS3's since the 60GB and the PS3 slim's have the quietest fans. No PS3 is loud, especially not the slim.

It may be too hot, you need to make sure it's not in a hot room, or near a heat source, don't place it in a draw like I have, or with that back of the console too close to a wall or whatever is behind it.

I have question though... has anyone else noticed and kind of high pitch sound coming from the console after a while?

Original Poster

It's not because of any of that. I got a replacement from Amazon and this one is dead silent
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions