Groups

Ps3 Upgrading Hdd

Banned
    Hello guys i just want to know a few thing if you guys can help. I have a 120Gb in my ps3 ( Fat ) atm but whats the max size i can put init?

And if i upgrade it i dont want to backup my old drive so will the ps3 menu etc install itself when i switch it on

Thank yoiu

4 Comments

Hello guys i just want to know a few thing if you guys can help. I have a … Hello guys i just want to know a few thing if you guys can help. I have a 120Gb in my ps3 ( Fat ) atm but whats the max size i can put init?

I think it's 640GB, the physical size of the HDD is the determining factor, as it has to be a 9.5mm high drive. You should also get a 5400rpm, and not a faster spinning unit(7200rpm etc).

Check reviews, as some drives are known to give issues with BBC iplayer.

And if i upgrade it i dont want to backup my old drive so will the ps3 … And if i upgrade it i dont want to backup my old drive so will the ps3 menu etc install itself when i switch it on

Not sure what this sentence means.

Original Poster Banned

Sorry mate i mean im not worryed about my game saves etc and when the new hdd is installed will the ps3 automatically install the ps3 should i say operating system

hope you understand now m8

Pingu2012

Sorry mate i mean im not worryed about my game saves etc and when the new … Sorry mate i mean im not worryed about my game saves etc and when the new hdd is installed will the ps3 automatically install the ps3 should i say operating systemhope you understand now m8

When you install the new hdd the ps3 will format and reinstall os itself and only takes a minute or so

Original Poster Banned

Ok thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764506
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …95176
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30117
      4. O2 priority £1 lunch to end for good55

See more discussions