Groups

Ps3 video file convertor

Banned
    Can anyone recommend a good video file convertor for the ps3?

I've tried ps3 video 9 but don't really like
    it.

9 Comments

What file type are you trying to convert? I use mkv2vob to turn mkv's into mpg's which play on the PS3, all other formats work fine for me.

rwm24;8928995

What file type are you trying to convert? I use mkv2vob to turn mkv's … What file type are you trying to convert? I use mkv2vob to turn mkv's into mpg's which play on the PS3, all other formats work fine for me.

:thumbsup: mkv2vob for mkv files

Tried DivX?

mkvtovob is good if your using mkv's. However other formats, like hd wmv or f4v, can be a little trickier.

I did dl a few the other day while trying to convert both wmv and f4v's. Will dig out what they are when i get home tonight if thats what you need.

allok - literally converts 'anything' to 'anything else'...

Original Poster Banned

rwm24;8928995

What file type are you trying to convert? I use mkv2vob to turn mkv's … What file type are you trying to convert? I use mkv2vob to turn mkv's into mpg's which play on the PS3, all other formats work fine for me.

Not sure to be honest. I downloaded some dragon ball z episodes and when I go to watch them on the ps3, some are recognised file formats and some arent. They all play on the PC fine, so I need to convert some to play on ps3.

monkey_whiskers;8929042

Tried DivX?

How do you mean?
    :thinking:

Squelds;8929723

mkvtovob is good if your using mkv's. However other formats, like hd wmv … mkvtovob is good if your using mkv's. However other formats, like hd wmv or f4v, can be a little trickier.I did dl a few the other day while trying to convert both wmv and f4v's. Will dig out what they are when i get home tonight if thats what you need.

Cheers ;-)

Flodd;8929849

allok - literally converts 'anything' to 'anything else'...

Looks good thanks, but ideally looking for a free one.

2sly;8929896

How do you mean?:thinking:.

DivX has an easy PS3 conversion device - literally select DivX - convert to PS3 option on the right hand side after opening a clip and continue from there. But I had no idea what you were converting. And it's free.

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae55/monkey_whiskers/divxconv.jpg

Banned

xvid4psp is the best out there

csiman i must say that proggy looks very good. Just nabbed it and chucked in a few wmv's and f4v's @1080p. So far its converted without any quality loss to avi like a dream, and its fast to. So it looks like thats the one to have... so far all's goods :-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1015
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?917
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2484
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17416151

See more discussions