Found 30th Jun 2008
Does the ps3 come with a warraty that is registerable inside the box ie do you need a receipt for warranty purposes for a console which has been unregistered?

Reason i ask is i am thinking of buying a ps3 which is new and unregistered but has no receipt - is there a card inside the box that you use to register for 12 months warranty or is a receipt mandatory?

Any help appreciated

1. Misc
  2. PS3
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. PS3
6 Comments

Why is there no receipt?

I would imagine you would need the receipt to show age of console if claiming under warranty otherwise whats to stop people registering after six months of ownership or leaving until console breaks down then claiming afterwards?

harlzter;2425474

I would imagine you would need the receipt to show age of console if … I would imagine you would need the receipt to show age of console if claiming under warranty otherwise whats to stop people registering after six months of ownership or leaving until console breaks down then claiming afterwards?

I know with my PS2 I had mine over a year and it broke and just phoned up and registred it and got a new one from Sony

when you go connect it to the internet it lets you register??

I have phoned sony before about a problem i had with my ps3. They said the receipt is proof enough for the warranty.

Original Poster

thesaint;2425441

Why is there no receipt?

dont know tbh but im buying it off classifieds - quite cheap and local

so im guessing you need a receipt then
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 192 ***12
    2. Add one, leave one game54415424
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769356
    4. Tesco 3 for 2 Toy deal starting 27th October810

See more discussions