Found 8th Feb 2010
what cool things can be done with the ps3!

Had a ps3 for around 2 months now, using it for play tv, games and blu rays. What am I missing out on??

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

BBC iplayer?
Download films from the net & play through the PS3?

Can you please explain how I play movies through the PS3 from my laptop.

Thanks.

They make an excellent paperweight.

paul_doh;7789146

Can you please explain how I play movies through the PS3 from my … Can you please explain how I play movies through the PS3 from my laptop.Thanks.

if its a downloaded film my fella puts his on his usb flash drive and plugs it into ps3 and does it that way,

pink-ka;7789250

if its a downloaded film my fella puts his on his usb flash drive and … if its a downloaded film my fella puts his on his usb flash drive and plugs it into ps3 and does it that way,

You also need to put ot in a folder called 'video'. Or at least that makes it easier for the PS3 to read it.

paul_doh;7789146

Can you please explain how I play movies through the PS3 from my … Can you please explain how I play movies through the PS3 from my laptop.Thanks.

boardsus.playstation.com/pla…389

g1bbuk;7789275

You also need to put ot in a folder called 'video'. Or at least that … You also need to put ot in a folder called 'video'. Or at least that makes it easier for the PS3 to read it.

no you dont can just dump it to the HDD

it will be under the 'video' category anyway

get PS3 media server stream everything you ever have to the PS3

Copied all my CDs to the hard disk. They're now in the cupboard out of the way

jackvdbuk;7790294

get PS3 media server stream everything you ever have to the PS3

Yups! Do this!

You can browse the internet on it.
The PS3 runs Youtube better than my laptop for example, so it's good.

There are also some pretty good applications you could try out too, such as Life with Playstation, which enables you to check out weather and news from around the world in a cool way.
Also you could try out Home, where you can interact with loads of other people around the world.

Banned

put all your photos on it as it has a brilliant gallery viewer.

uk.playstation.com/ps3…ry/

So much more versatile then all the other consoles. A proper media server / games console.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57561
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle68
    3. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)45
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…22

See more discussions