Groups

PS3 - What's the best internal HD upgrade?

I understand that I need a 2.5" sata 2 drive and that the biggest available is 500gb, but is it worth going for a 7200 rpm or sticking with the 5400 rpm?

I've seen various old articles on this.........but any advice would be appreciated.

11 Comments

There's no need for a 7200rpm drive, stick with 5400rpm and avoid 500gb (not worth the money and I'm not even sure if it's compatible).

im looking for a 320GB.probably 5400rpm

Do not get a 7200. I have read that they are not always compatible with the ps3.

I have just upgraded my ps3 hdd to this ]Western Digital 320gb drive, which seems to be the most recommended hdd to use.

Have just checked ]ebuyer and they have it a bit cheaper if you use the super saver delivery option.

Original Poster

Whats the deal with any future PS3 problems. Will Sony repair it if I open it up and upgrade the hard drive?

PS3 is over 12 months old !

Sony don't care they even tell you how to do it.

Original Poster

Anyone know a good case to put the spare 60gb PS3 drive in, so that I can use it as an external backup tool?

abomination;3339215

Sony don't care they even tell you how to do it.

yep the PS3 even has an accessible HDD for that purpose, it's dead easy to exchange I've heard.

I've subscribed to this thread - I'm hoping someone will let me know the best one to get. I wanna go as big as possible what with PlayTv 'n all that stuff

i bought mine with a 300gb drive in it dont bother going any bigger as some games take hours to read the drive like guitar hero

Original Poster

robtallica;3343147

yep the PS3 even has an accessible HDD for that purpose, it's dead easy … yep the PS3 even has an accessible HDD for that purpose, it's dead easy to exchange I've heard.I've subscribed to this thread - I'm hoping someone will let me know the best one to get. I wanna go as big as possible what with PlayTv 'n all that stuff

I've decided to go for the drive of choice at the moment - WD 320gb. £49.99 at Play.com:-

play.com/PC/…tml

The Samsung 500gb is nearly doubled the price at the moment.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions