EXPIRED

PS3s and a 46 inch TV assistance required

Help, advise and positive pointers welcome.

I am helping a group to refit an 'outreach bus'.
It is for kids (9-15yrs) to come onboard as part of outreach evenings and be entertained.
It had 4 playstations + 2controllers each + lcd screen each.
Upstairs a 46" TV for watching Blurays/Dvds. Also it's very well set up lay out and sound/lighting wise.

Just before Christmas it was broken into and is now needing 3 x PS3s + 2nd controller each.
And a 46" TV.

We may be lucky and get some of this donated/sponsored. But I would like to try (with your help) to put together the best deals/ discount so we can proceed with a costing.

I reckon you guys and gals can do better than me:

3 Playstations, New, Asda appear cheapest @ £235 each = £705 + £6 delivery (online).

2nd controller for each playstation are £20-30 each.

At Curry's a Playstation with Fifa 10 is £250,
So maybe utilising this deal X2 would be benificial + 1 from Asda. Currys % off would help. (2 of Fifa 10 is enough)

46" TV can be got new for £580 from a trader on play.com ??
Anything close to this price elsewhere?

All help welcome,

I am just home from nightshift so I'll be offline (zzzzzzz) to 4ish.
I'll try to answer any questions then.

Cheers -Vinny

7 Comments

good on your for giving up your time to help out.

if you can go through Quidco/Topcashback as you may be able to get a 5% > cashback. I know 5% isnt much but on purchaes that are going to excess £1500, that £75.00

Obviously, you could use Argos if they are doing the Vouchers if spending over 100 quid, but Quidco would probably be your best deal

Original Poster

Cheers Disco
I seem to forget about cashback until I'm buying from a site which is not on quidco or topcashback! :roll:

Have you considered phoning Argos and asking them if they would be prepared to donate anything? They usually help out a lot with cases such as yours.

Head Office is your best bet.

Original Poster

generaloneill;8609174

Have you considered phoning Argos and asking them if they would be … Have you considered phoning Argos and asking them if they would be prepared to donate anything? They usually help out a lot with cases such as yours.Head Office is your best bet.

Cheers, I'll mention this at our meeting next week.
My thinking is to estimate the costs so we know what we're dealing with and then plan from there with a better idea of what we require either as donated items or money.
Thank you. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Was in Asda earlier and in store they have the £235 deal and add a game for £10
So would be £5 cheaper than currys.
only 3 or 4 games listed but Fifa 10 was an option.

Original Poster

Anyone got any experience with Asda and donations?
Where we are hoping to do this Asda have a big presence so might try them for some assistance.
I understand their HQ will be the ones to talk to but maybe instore they might put in a good word?

Find out the names of the store managers at asda, usually on your store receipt and write to them formally requesting donations of ex display stuff, write to several stores at once, more chance of success. For every 30 nos, you will get 1 yes.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Help choosing an Android box please.22
    2. Boiler Question11
    3. Can you change the battery on the newer style Oral B 4000 toothbrush?812
    4. samsung s7 edge lcd -rose gold (pink)35

See more discussions