ps4

what is the difference between ps4 500gn and 1tb. is it just the storage thanks

14 Comments

Yes

Original Poster

thank you. if i buy hard copys rather than downloads the 500 gb should be sufficient?

tbh if you can get the 1tb do it. the games install from the disc plus the patches. it equals to the same amount as a downloaded game. 500gb should be enough. but you will find that after a while you will need to delete games to make room for more. so if you can get the 1tb I would get it.

clee123456789333

thank you. if i buy hard copys rather than downloads the 500 gb should be … thank you. if i buy hard copys rather than downloads the 500 gb should be sufficient?

Depends how many games you're planning on having installed at any one time. The PS4 OS runs at over 90GB so realistically, you have about 400GB to play with.

For example, dependent on the amount of extra content you install, the new Call of Duty game size is up to 130GB. Even relatively normal games will run into the 40-ish GB. Obviously that's no problem if you are playing 1 or 2 games at a time, but worth noting you'll have to do some careful game management if you get to 6+ games (with the 500GB model).

clee123456789333

thank you. if i buy hard copys rather than downloads the 500 gb should be … thank you. if i buy hard copys rather than downloads the 500 gb should be sufficient?

Should be fine, even if you download and find that you need more space you can just buy a separate SSD (which are much faster than the HDD in the PS4, don't worry, it's really eaasy to change HDD, just watch a youtube video). That being said, 500GB is more than enough for most people.

The slim version is same as the normal one just smaller whilst the Pro is much more powerful. In the future the pro will be able to play game at a high setting and be better equipped for VR. If you just want a cheap PS4 then get the old one, but if you want to be able to do VR well or can stretch your budget, look for some good PS4 pro deals.

clee123456789333

To a certain degree yes, but even physical discs have to install files to the hard drive, I think black ops 3 was around 60gb including updates for example. You could always buy a cheap external hdd if you run out of room.

I had a 500gb, it only stored 6 games, 3 disc and 3 downloaded. It was a pain having to delete an old game just to play a new one, updates take up 40gb on average, if you want to play online on any game, all files will need to be downloaded, which takes long, takes the fun out of wanting to play anything new. I've updated the internal to 2tb, 1.7 is available, but it cost £60 to do it.
Buy a 500gb and update, or buy a 1tb and play 12 up to 16 games without having to delete.

You're definitely better off getting the 1tb. I have the 500gb and all it holds is 6 games.
Battlefield 1 (50gb) (disk)
Battlefield 4 and all dlc (75gb) (download)
Black ops 3 and all dlc (80gb) (download)
Fifa 17 (50gb) (download)
Gta 5 (60gb) (download)
Mafia 3 (50gb) (disk)

Don't forget hard copies of games still need to be installed to your hard drive.

Original Poster

thanks all. it's for my boyfriend for Xmas so I can't ask him and I'm clueless!! tbh I don't think he would be playing more than 5 or 6 games at once, he is just a casual gamer I think. so the 500 should be okay ? and once he is done with one game he can just delete the files write ?

clee123456789333

thanks all. it's for my boyfriend for Xmas so I can't ask him and I'm … thanks all. it's for my boyfriend for Xmas so I can't ask him and I'm clueless!! tbh I don't think he would be playing more than 5 or 6 games at once, he is just a casual gamer I think. so the 500 should be okay ? and once he is done with one game he can just delete the files write ?

500gb, although it might not be enough in the long run, will certainly be sufficient for the first couple of months he's got it. After that they maybe he can think about getting a new HDD for it, but if you're on a bit of a budget, I'm quite sure the 500gb would be welcomed with a massive smile anyway!

Original Poster

daanuk

500gb, although it might not be enough in the long run, will certainly be … 500gb, although it might not be enough in the long run, will certainly be sufficient for the first couple of months he's got it. After that they maybe he can think about getting a new HDD for it, but if you're on a bit of a budget, I'm quite sure the 500gb would be welcomed with a massive smile anyway!

​brilliant thank you we are on a budget so I'm sure the 500 would be okay. tbh I can't really see him really playing more than 3 possibly 4 at a time simply because we don't have money to buy new games!!

You need minimum of 2tb imo

Original Poster

undertakeaap

You need minimum of 2tb imo

​how the only come in 500 or 1tb
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Avoiding Car hire excess (Tenerife)46
    2. seller asked for IMEI87
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1925