Groups

PS4 Box

I have just managed to get a PS4 500GB at Sainsburys, with Battlefront, for 169.99. Really pleased, but as I'm buying for my son (who is a bit young for the game), I was kinda hoping I could get a plain PS4 console box somewhere.

Any ideas where I can pick up one in good condition? Is eBay my best bet?

Thanks!

12 Comments

Huh? Just take the outer sleeve off if you don't want battlefront on show.

Richard_Richard

Huh? Just take the outer sleeve off if you don't want battlefront on show.

​Not with ps4, the box is the box, not a sleeve like Xbox one s' box.

Original Poster

Pacman786

​...I thought so! Phew, thought I might have missed something obvious then!

Pacman786

Every ps4 I have had is a white box with a printed sleeve. Just remove the sleeve and hey presto job done. Won't have a lovely piccy of a ps4 on the box but that only adds to the surprise come christmas morning.

carisn

​...I thought so! Phew, thought I might have missed something obvious t … ​...I thought so! Phew, thought I might have missed something obvious then!

No that's not true at all, I have 1 right now that is a white box without a sleeve, you could call the sleeve an outer box if you like but it's still a sleeve. :-)

Original Poster

Ok, someone else picked it up for me, so I will probably have a better idea once I get home and actually see it. Thanks

carisn

Ok, someone else picked it up for me, so I will probably have a better … Ok, someone else picked it up for me, so I will probably have a better idea once I get home and actually see it. Thanks

m.ebay.co.uk/itm…875 This is what is inside the outer branded sleeve, as I say it doesn't have a pic of a ps4 on it but that would be an extra layer of surprise come christmas morning! :-)

Richard_Richard

Every ps4 I have had is a white box with a printed sleeve. Just remove … Every ps4 I have had is a white box with a printed sleeve. Just remove the sleeve and hey presto job done. Won't have a lovely piccy of a ps4 on the box but that only adds to the surprise come christmas morning.

​I've only had one with a 'sleeve'. The one with Infinite Warfare. The rest have been sleeveless. Not sure though, just went with what I've seen.

carisn

​...I thought so! Phew, thought I might have missed something obvious t … ​...I thought so! Phew, thought I might have missed something obvious then!

​I was talking to Richard_Richard. Sorry for the confusion.

Pacman786

​I've only had one with a 'sleeve'. The one with Infinite Warfare. The r … ​I've only had one with a 'sleeve'. The one with Infinite Warfare. The rest have been sleeveless. Not sure though, just went with what I've seen.

The eBay listing I linked to above shows what I mean if it isn't clear. The ps4 (if bought new of course) always comes with a flimsy, thin cardboard outer box (or sleeve I'd call it) & under that is the main white box that all ps4 consoles come in. I'd rather just dispose of the battlefront sleeve than pay £15-20 for a normal ps4 box which is what the op was thinking of doing.
    Edited by: "Richard_Richard" 25th Nov 2016

Original Poster

Richard_Richard

The eBay listing I linked to above shows what I mean if it isn't clear. … The eBay listing I linked to above shows what I mean if it isn't clear. The ps4 (if bought new of course) always comes with a flimsy, thin cardboard outer box (or sleeve I'd call it) & under that is the main white box that all ps4 consoles come in. I'd rather just dispose of the battlefront sleeve than pay £15-20 for a normal ps4 box which is what the op was thinking of doing.

​Thanks Richard_Richard, I get what you mean now! I assumed that the outer "sleeve" box was the main box. If there is a white box underneath then I will just use that one! Thanks for your help (and saving me £15!!)

carisn

​Thanks Richard_Richard, I get what you mean now! I assumed that the o … ​Thanks Richard_Richard, I get what you mean now! I assumed that the outer "sleeve" box was the main box. If there is a white box underneath then I will just use that one! Thanks for your help (and saving me £15!!)

You're welcome, glad I finally cleared up what I was trying to get at! :-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …33
      2. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1832
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767463
      4. One thing you've forgotten56

See more discussions