Expired

PS4 Console/Controller Problem

Found 21st May 2014
Hi guys/gals,

So got a problem with my PS4 that I bought (infamous bundle) which is that my controllers won't connect to the console.

At first they would connect if I fully turned off the PS4 and then connected a controller via USB to the console to power it on, but now that doesn't even work.

The controllers work in safe and when I instilised the PS4 the controllers connected properly. I re downloaded everything and put the console on standby (amber light) and the controllers have seem to no longer connect, not even if I turn the console of fully.

They still work in safe mode and I guess I have to instilise the PS4 every time I need to connect the controllers.

Anybody know a fix? Is it a console or controller problem? Also I have custom decals on the PS4 so if I get in touch with Sony about a repair or replacement will that mean I'll lose the decals?

Bought Transistor from PSN Store and want to play it but looks like that's not going to happen any time soon.

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
16 Comments
Is there a little hole in the back of the controller? Like a reset button? You could try that. What happens if you connect the controllers via the USB? Since they work in safe mode, you might just have to factory reset the PS4, sounds like a software issue.
Edited by: "f2k8" 21st May 2014
ahmed123

I've tried all of those steps and the controllers don't connect.I haven't … I've tried all of those steps and the controllers don't connect.I haven't tried re installing the 7.1 update or whatever the latest one is because I don't have a USB stick.

Honestly, it sounds like you need to go for broke and go with your warranty, because I've never heard of this problem on the PS4 before, it sounds like a hard fix. You could try asking the PS4 sub-reddit, there's a lot of subscribers there and they know their stuff.
I checked if there was a software update using safe mode and there seems to be one so got that downloading right currently on 44%.

Hopefully it might fix my problems.

Sony support is open 10am to 6:30pm so got to wait till tomorrow.
Edited by: "ahmed123" 21st May 2014
Definitely sounds like a console issue, the chances of getting 2 duff controllers are slim.

miikeyblue

Definitely sounds like a console issue, the chances of getting 2 duff … Definitely sounds like a console issue, the chances of getting 2 duff controllers are slim.

4 controllers...hahaha
ahmed123

4 controllers...hahaha

Even less likely then!
Just reset console to "default values" from safe mode and now I can't get passed the screen showing how to connect the controller.
So by the looks of it I'm going to have to send it to Sony for repair/replacement.

I have the console as primary is there a way to deactivate it seen as I can't get into the ps4 console or will Sony do it when they get the console?
ahmed123

So by the looks of it I'm going to have to send it to Sony for … So by the looks of it I'm going to have to send it to Sony for repair/replacement.I have the console as primary is there a way to deactivate it seen as I can't get into the ps4 console or will Sony do it when they get the console?

You can deactivate systems online at http://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/.

Devices - Playstation systems, click on the PS4 and then deactivate.
Bo0td

You can deactivate systems online at … You can deactivate systems online at http://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/.Devices - Playstation systems, click on the PS4 and then deactivate.

Doesn't work. Says can only be done from console.
ahmed123

Doesn't work. Says can only be done from console.

You're right. Seems strange that they don't allow this, I'm sure they used to.
Well I rang Sony this morning so have to send the ps4 to them (free postage).

Ganna be a long wait...
ahmed123

Well I rang Sony this morning so have to send the ps4 to them (free … Well I rang Sony this morning so have to send the ps4 to them (free postage).Ganna be a long wait...

Sony usually send you a refurbished replacement console. How long ago was the console purchased?
Thalagyrt

Sony usually send you a refurbished replacement console. How long ago was … Sony usually send you a refurbished replacement console. How long ago was the console purchased?

It was last month (I think). I bought the infamous bundle.
ahmed123

It was last month (I think). I bought the infamous bundle.

Which retailer did you buy from? If I were you, contact the retailer and exchange it with them for a brand new replacement. I certainly wouldn't be happy getting a Sony refurb for a 1 month old console I had paid £350+ for
Thalagyrt

Which retailer did you buy from? If I were you, contact the retailer and … Which retailer did you buy from? If I were you, contact the retailer and exchange it with them for a brand new replacement. I certainly wouldn't be happy getting a Sony refurb for a 1 month old console I had paid £350+ for

Too late, just went post office and dropped it off...hahaha

If the replacement dies then I'll contact Amazon for a brand new replacement.

Thanks anyway.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants