PS4 controller

Posted 3rd Jan
Anybody that might’ve looked around for themselves know the cheapest place to buy a brand new PS4 controller as my current one is half broken need it asap

Not expecting anyone to do research now but if you have a place in mind which is relatively cheap it would help out a lot as google isn’t the best
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
Have you checked if it is in warranty before you buy a new one? I've had replacements from Sony before.
Frankie7703/01/2020 18:44

Have you checked if it is in warranty before you buy a new one? I've had …Have you checked if it is in warranty before you buy a new one? I've had replacements from Sony before.

Had the same one since 2015 so I doubt it will be covered

thanks though
Shopto’s ebay account has them for £37.99 in all colours - think the offers have gone currently at the £30-odd price

rover.ebay.com/rov…946
cheapest or nearest to you or quickest to obtain - oh and there are very many different search engines than goggle
Yeah prob shop.to. Amazon were doing them for £29.99 before Xmas there.
Try gumtree, shpock.
Whats the actual issue with it? I fix them all the time for my stupid mates who brake them. Thumb grips are super easy to change as they wear away, the L2 and R2 triggers tend to snap but are around £3 for new ones. Actually changed them to triggers over for a mate a few days ago
Toon_army03/01/2020 20:15

Whats the actual issue with it? I fix them all the time for my stupid …Whats the actual issue with it? I fix them all the time for my stupid mates who brake them. Thumb grips are super easy to change as they wear away, the L2 and R2 triggers tend to snap but are around £3 for new ones. Actually changed them to triggers over for a mate a few days ago

Can I ask you a question? I've opened mine a fair bit over the years to replace thumbsticks and triggers. The other day I ordered a new ribbon cable as the end bit had got damaged. Now it doesn't even turn onat all whether I charge on dock or via cable. Might just get a replacement if it's too much of a hassle as it is 5 yr old.
ndksamb03/01/2020 21:12

Can I ask you a question? I've opened mine a fair bit over the years to …Can I ask you a question? I've opened mine a fair bit over the years to replace thumbsticks and triggers. The other day I ordered a new ribbon cable as the end bit had got damaged. Now it doesn't even turn onat all whether I charge on dock or via cable. Might just get a replacement if it's too much of a hassle as it is 5 yr old.

You definitely pushed the ribbon in right? Also disconnect the battery and plug it back in, the battery to remove you just pull the wire and it unclips then push it back in, itll be something simple to fix always is with these pads. I'd hate to imagine how many I've fixed for my angry friends
Toon_army03/01/2020 21:46

You definitely pushed the ribbon in right? Also disconnect the battery and …You definitely pushed the ribbon in right? Also disconnect the battery and plug it back in, the battery to remove you just pull the wire and it unclips then push it back in, itll be something simple to fix always is with these pads. I'd hate to imagine how many I've fixed for my angry friends

I'm sure I have, ill strip it down and give it another go tomo when I got the house to myself for an hour. Cheers
ndksamb03/01/2020 22:30

I'm sure I have, ill strip it down and give it another go tomo when I got …I'm sure I have, ill strip it down and give it another go tomo when I got the house to myself for an hour. Cheers

Make sure the ribbons in the right way as well, I'm sure itll be an easy fix
Toon_army03/01/2020 20:15

Whats the actual issue with it? I fix them all the time for my stupid …Whats the actual issue with it? I fix them all the time for my stupid mates who brake them. Thumb grips are super easy to change as they wear away, the L2 and R2 triggers tend to snap but are around £3 for new ones. Actually changed them to triggers over for a mate a few days ago

I recently fixed one of my controllers, but I've noticed that battery life has become appalling afterwards, lasting only a couple of hours. I was fixing an analogue stick, you ever noticed anything like this?
xbox-360-elite04/01/2020 12:47

I recently fixed one of my controllers, but I've noticed that battery life …I recently fixed one of my controllers, but I've noticed that battery life has become appalling afterwards, lasting only a couple of hours. I was fixing an analogue stick, you ever noticed anything like this?

No that'll be nothing you've done, might just be coincidental. You can buy batteries on eBay but they might be rip offs! I've disabled loads of peoples light bar on the pad as that takes quite a bit of juice out of it, you just have to cover the first two pins on the ribbon cable
Toon_army04/01/2020 13:41

No that'll be nothing you've done, might just be coincidental. You can buy …No that'll be nothing you've done, might just be coincidental. You can buy batteries on eBay but they might be rip offs! I've disabled loads of peoples light bar on the pad as that takes quite a bit of juice out of it, you just have to cover the first two pins on the ribbon cable

Must be just something I did, no idea what though. Maybe I should just let it run out and do a full charge after. I did notice the battery pack didn't fit as snugly as it should in the holder, but even with that I don't think it should make a difference to the actual battery life since it's all connected. Thanks for the answer!
xbox-360-elite04/01/2020 13:44

Must be just something I did, no idea what though. Maybe I should just let …Must be just something I did, no idea what though. Maybe I should just let it run out and do a full charge after. I did notice the battery pack didn't fit as snugly as it should in the holder, but even with that I don't think it should make a difference to the actual battery life since it's all connected. Thanks for the answer!

Maybe take it apart again and do the ribbon cover trick so the light bar isn't on anymore?
I had being in a dark room and being able to see the light
Toon_army04/01/2020 13:49

Maybe take it apart again and do the ribbon cover trick so the light bar …Maybe take it apart again and do the ribbon cover trick so the light bar isn't on anymore?I had being in a dark room and being able to see the light

Yeah it's a good tip. But even then I doubt that alone has been shaving hours off my charge. I've kind of just got used to the light bar, set it to dim so it's not as obtrusive
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions