Ps4 controller help

Found 4th Jan
So I got one of the Ps4 pros on that currys glitch on black Friday, set it all up, played a few games briefly, no problems.
Yesterday and today when I try to play the controller just has an epic meltdown. Yesterday I was playing everybodys golf and it kept zooming in and out as if I was pressing the corresponding button on the controller. Today marvel superheroes 2, kept switching characters rapidly back and forth as if I was repeatedly pressing the triangle button. Both times I wasn't even holding the controller when it was doing it.

I've tried reseting the controller etc. Can't see it having any dirt inside as it's always stored in a box and I've only used it for about an hour since I got it.

Anyone ever had this issue? Anyone have any ideas how to fix it? Was looking forward to playing marvel superheroes 😭
Community Updates
AskGaming
9 Comments
Take it back to the store and exchange it under warranty?
Edited by: "Voltix" 5th Jan
Do you have an external drive connected? My controllers went mental when i connected one. Had4 to buy those ferrite bombs to put on the USB cable to cut down the interference.

Obviously if you suspect it could be, just try the controller with the the external drive switched off.

Edit... Sorry, just noticed you said in the first sentence that you have the pro, where i believe this problem was fixed. But this info might be useful to someone at least.
Edited by: "cowsindahouse" 5th Jan
Original Poster
Voltix7 h, 59 m ago

Take it back to the store and exchange it under warranty?

Would I have to take the whole thing back? Console and games that came in the bundle?
Original Poster
cowsindahouse1 h, 41 m ago

Do you have an external drive connected? My controllers went mental when i …Do you have an external drive connected? My controllers went mental when i connected one. Had4 to buy those ferrite bombs to put on the USB cable to cut down the interference. Obviously if you suspect it could be, just try the controller with the the external drive switched off.Edit... Sorry, just noticed you said in the first sentence that you have the pro, where i believe this problem was fixed. But this info might be useful to someone at least.

Ah thanks for the info. I haven't got one connected but it may help someone as you said.
Splice59 s ago

Here is a trouble shooting guide to the ps4 duelshock …Here is a trouble shooting guide to the ps4 duelshock https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/DualShock-4-Troubleshooting

Also make sure your battery is charged
lilymac13 h, 1 m ago

Would I have to take the whole thing back? Console and games that came in …Would I have to take the whole thing back? Console and games that came in the bundle?

I dont know. You could also ask Sony to fix/replace it. hardware.support.eu.playstation.com/en_GB
Original Poster
Splice13 h, 42 m ago

Here is a trouble shooting guide to the ps4 duelshock …Here is a trouble shooting guide to the ps4 duelshock https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/DualShock-4-Troubleshooting

Thanks, tried that all before posting, nothing seems to help.

I forgot I had another controller, tried that today and works fine so it's definitely an issue with controller and not connection or external issues 😔

Voltix1 h, 5 m ago

I dont know. You could also ask Sony to fix/replace it. …I dont know. You could also ask Sony to fix/replace it. https://hardware.support.eu.playstation.com/en_GB#/

Thanks, will pop in to currys tomorrow and ask, if not I'll try that link
lilymac1 m ago

Thanks, tried that all before posting, nothing seems to help.I forgot I …Thanks, tried that all before posting, nothing seems to help.I forgot I had another controller, tried that today and works fine so it's definitely an issue with controller and not connection or external issues 😔 Thanks, will pop in to currys tomorrow and ask, if not I'll try that link

Yeah just say your controller faulty they should replace
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants